Shelli L. Ciaschini
Shelby, NC 28152
Motivated and ambitious Database Developer with advanced experience using SQL Server
Management Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005. I am capable of leading and working with a
team as well as individually. I have the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal supervision and
direction. Hard worker with a desire to use updated SQL skills in the field to assist with achieving
goals and objectives.
Transact SQL, XML, COBOL-370, MVS/JCL, SQL, QMF, HTML, XHTML, CICS(trained)
SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, VB.Net
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / 2005, DB2, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, ENDEVOR, STARTOOLS, SYNCSORT
Windows 98/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003
SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, Database Engine Tuning Advisor,
SQL Server Profiler, CoolGen 6.0 workstation, Joomla, Dreamweaver 8, Flash 8
SetFocus, LLC. Shelby, NC 8/08 - 11/08
SQL Server Master’s Program
• Created numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlated subqueries and
XML techniques for diverse business requirements. Tuned and optimized queries by altering
database design, analyzing different query options, and indexing strategies.
• As part of a team, analyzed the business requirements and systematically designed a
database for an online-movie (DVD/Blu- Ray) rental company. Employed best practices in
creating a complete schema including tables, relationships, stored procedures, views,
clustered and non-clustered indexes and triggers, and implemented the importation and
exportation of data using XML and SSIS.
• As part of a team, created various reports according to the business requirements for the
movie rental company. Individually authored, installed, deployed and managed reports
using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services for a library database.
• Individually designed a bank application according to business requirements, and
implemented robust stored procedures, functions, and triggers to implement required
• Developed a backup and recovery plan based on the data availability requirements of the
library and on the potential impact of data loss on the business after considering and
analyzing the different backup and recovery strategies.
• Designed database maintenance plans to set up core maintenance tasks to make sure that
the database performs well, is regularly backed up in case of system failure and is checked
• Employed the Database Engine Tuning Advisor to analyze the performance effects of
workloads and implemented its recommendations wherever appropriate.
• Used the SQL Server Profiler tool to monitor the performance of SQL Server – particularly to
analyze the performance of the stored procedures.
• Analyzed different high availability solutions and implemented database mirroring and
• As part of a team, established security policy using windows domain accounts and
implemented a security strategy to protect against threats and attacks.
• Familiar with employing Service Brokers, enabling HTTP support and establishing
• Designed, developed, and implemented a new website for Cleveland Community College’s
CIT Department. Used Linux, Fedora 8.0, Apache Server, Joomla 1.5 CMS for site
development. Unfortunately the site has been taken down it was
• Researched and priced out classroom setup for Weed and Seed Project in Shelby, NC. Setup
the computers and installed anti-virus software and accounts on all machines. Tested all
machines prior to initial start of classes.
• Created website for my church to keep everyone up to date with what is going on and
provide insight into our church family. Please feel free to view the site at
Shelby Cleaners Shelby, NC 2009-Present
Customer Service Representative
• Take in and return customer clothing
• Responsible for taking payment in the forms of cash and credit
World Wide Imports Shelby, NC 2002 - 2006
Customer Service Representative
• Assisted customers with locating products, participated with stocking inventory, and acted
• Created an inventory system for the furniture department in Excel.
Aetna Hartford, CT 1997 - 2002
Business Systems Development Specialist
• Clarified disability business system specifications with business customers
• Programmed logical components in COBOL/DB2, QMF/SQL
• Used Coolgen for generating user interface components
• Tested, implemented, and maintained the business system
• Provided on - call support in rotation once a month for a period of one week.
• Designed, constructed, and implemented a fully automated batch letter facility using
COBOL/DB2, QMF/SQL, DJDE and 3 of 9 Bar Code. Along with fellow team members,
designed, constructed, tested, and implemented a large enhancement to the disability
payment system for managing pre/post-tax deductions.
Cleveland Community College Shelby, NC
Associate in Applied Science in Computer Information Technology
Major GPA 3.94
• Internet Administration
• Productivity Software
• Project Management
• Outstanding Graduate Award in Productivity Software
• Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges 2008
• President’s List- Fall 2006 & 2007
• Dean’s List- Spring 2007 & 2008