TDS delivers dedicated bandwidth between robust, secure servers
and your office. It is a direct data line managed by TDS with voice
service always getting the highest priority. Dynamic Allocation of
bandwidth enables businesses to economically and efficiently use
the same Internet pipe for both voice and data. With
ManagedIP, users experience superior flexibility, reliability, and
management functions, along with a low cost of ownership.
Contact: Jeff Holesinger 847-968-5814
Get the most advanced phone
systems, voice service, and data
technology with no up-front capital
costs. Never worry about ManagedIP -One Network. One
equipment obsolescence and only Source. One Bill
pay for what you need today and
tomorrow. With ManagedIP, your voice and data are
combined into a single efficient network
maintained by TDS. A High-Speed dedicated
Productivity Internet connection is seamlessly integrated
Never miss a business opportunity! from your business to TDS, engineered for
With managedIP call routing, your voice quality and productivity enhancing
customers will never get a busy features.
signal, improving productivity and
revenue growth by having all calls Gain mobility, call control, and call
come through. management by giving your customers and
clients one phone number. You determine
when, where, and by what device they reach
Single Provider you.
With one provider and one
bill, managing your voice, data, and
equipment services will be Dynamic allocation —take full advantage
simplified, allowing you to focus on of your service and get burstable data speeds
your core business. when voice traffic decreases.
• Flexible —choose from various service
Flexible packages to meet the needs of your
The user friendly administration business—Convenience, Office, and
gives you the capability for Premium.
complete real time control over
employee moves and
• Hosted service —eliminate technology
changes, saving time and
obsolescence and increase reliability with
TDS maintaining your service.
Convenient • Accessible —change and update your
Use a single number for multiple features and functionality via the voice
devices, giving you control of portal, web portal, or the Assistant Toolbar.
how, when, and where calls are
received. No matter where your • Business continuity —call routing
staff is, get business done and takes place at the TDS Data Center ensuring
meet customer expectations. calls will not be blocked if network
connectivity is compromised.
Manage incoming and outgoing calls quickly and efficiently. Between voice
mail, cell phones and e-mails, people are hit with hundreds of messages a
day. With ManagedIP, your receptionist and employees can manage the
messages quickly and efficiently and achieve the results your business
needs to succeed!
Call Management Features with ManagedIP:
• Call Attendant—provides your callers a menu of options for quick access to a
department or person they need to reach.
• Dial by Name Directories—give your callers direct access to employees freeing
up the receptionist to do other tasks.
• Custom greetings—play specific messages during business hours and non-
business hours. Just program messages once and they will automatically play
everyday when people call your business.
• Voice Messaging—get calls under control with a single voice mail box for all
your phones. You determine how messages are deposited, stored, retrieved, and
how you get notified.
• Personal Greetings—each user can set their own greetings. Save specific
greetings in a wav file and simply click on it and it will be changed.
• Music on Hold—play music or specific messages for your callers when they are
• Zero Out Option—give your callers the option to zero out to whomever you
want to answer your calls in your absence.
• Aliases/Auto Login—program your voice mail to recognize it‟s you calling in
from your cell phone, home office, or any other number so you can retrieve your
messages without entering a password.
Hosted services offer customers the “With the old system, I worried that
ability to deploy in any a customer could think, „If
increments, so as new locations are communication is this poor, what
brought into a company and are does that say about their
ready to migrate, they can be added business?‟ TDS has given us the
easily. It‟s generally faster and best possible solution to make
easier to use hosted services to add certain we are handling our
new locations to the customer calls efficiently and
network, especially when integrating effectively.”
voice and data networks. Kathy Jowett, Operations Manager
“ Hosted Versus Premises IP-Telephony,” Window Design Center
Business Communications Review
With ManagedIP, you decide who, when, where, and how your customers or
clients reach you. You no longer need to share all your numbers, just program
your office number to ring your cell phone, home office phone, or any other
device. A single number puts you in total control of your business!
Call Control Features with ManagedIP:
• Simultaneous Ring—allows all calls placed to your office phone to
ring multiple phones at the same time. Give out only one number and
manage only one voice mail box.
• Sequential Ring—define a “find me” list of phone numbers that alerts
you of incoming calls sequentially based on phone number, time of
day, and day of week.
• Call Forwarding Selective—redirect selected callers to your mobile
phone or another destination that match certain criteria.
• Selective Call Rejection—block certain incoming calls that meet
specific criteria and the caller will receive a message that you are not
• Time Schedules—set your calls to route a certain way during a
specific time of day. Calls automatically go to voice mail during your
weekly staff meeting and resume status when the meeting ends.
• Remote Office—use your home phone, cell phone, or even a hotel
phone as your business phone. You can make calls and have them
billed to your business. Incoming calls to your business will ring the
• CommPilot Express—use this powerful feature to configure four
unique profiles that allow you to set when, where, and how you want to
receive calls when you are:
• In Office
• Out of Office
• Unavailable “Using TDS‟ managedIP system has
allowed us to run our business without
interruption. I now spend the majority of
Small and medium segments prefer to my time working with our current clients
purchase data and voice from the same and engaging potential clients instead of
vendor firefighting and problem-solving.”
Yankee Group Study Wayne Harris, President/Partner
October 2007 Glowac+Harris+Madison
Stay connected as if you are in the office with ManagedIP and get
mobility features that can take your business and staff to the next level.
Give your employees the ability to control when, where, and how callers
Mobility Features with ManagedIP:
• Simultaneous Ring—allows all calls placed to your office phone to ring multiple
phones at the same time. Give out only one number and manage only one voice
• Call Notify—program your phone to alert you when a specific person has called
your office or left you a voice message. Receive a text message on your cell
phone or BlackBerry with time and day the call came in.
• Voice Messaging Notify—integrate your office voice mail with your e-mail and
receive notification of a message on your cell phone or BlackBerry.
• Call Forwarding Selective—define specific criteria to route certain calls to your
mobile phone or another destination so you don‟t miss out on that opportunity!
Criteria are based on telephone number, time of day, and day of week.
• Remote Office—use your home phone, cell phone, or even a hotel phone as
your business phone. Make calls and still have them billed to your office. Receive
calls as if you were in the office. Your contacts never know you are out of the
office unless you tell them.
Small-to-medium-sized businesses “One of the things we like most about
strongly believe IP telephony will TDS‟ ManagedIP system is that we rarely
offer a more robust set of features have to think about it. Basically, it‟s all
than traditional telephony. In plug-and-play for us. We‟re a very mobile
particular, IP telephony will enable office, and this system allows each or our
better service delivery to remote employees to designate how they want to
workers and improve worker receive calls when they‟re not in the
Yankee Group Study Keith Peterson
October 2007 Purple Door Productions
Get ManagedIP and simplify how business gets done with tools that not
only increase employee productivity, but also generate revenue growth
for your company.
Productivity Features with ManagedIP:
• Assistant Toolbar—make and accept calls and change phone settings from your
desktop within Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
• Click to Dial—simply dial by clicking on any number in your call history log, personal
contact list, group directory or an HTML web page.
• Call Alert—incoming calls display a pop-up message on your desktop with caller id
name and number detail. Accept or simply redirect the call to voicemail with one click.
• Call History—view the last 20 calls you dialed, received, or missed from your
toolbar, even customers who hung-up. With one click, return your calls quickly and
• Do Not Disturb—with one click on your toolbar, you can send all calls to voicemail.
• Remote Office—use your home phone, cell phone, or even a hotel phone as your
business phone. Make calls and still have them billed to your office.
There is an increasing interest
and opportunity for IP telephony “As a small business, investing in a
managed services, as most phone system is a big deal for us.
small-to-medium-sized With TDS’ managedIP, we now have a
businesses will seek help with IP reliable system that will expand as
telephony management. Small- we do. We found the pricing to be in
to-medium-sized businesses that line, actually a little better, than some
outsource don‟t do so purely for of the other services available.
cost reasons, but primarily feel Because we didn’t incur a major
too deficient in the areas of IT capital expense, we’ve been able to
staff and disaster recovery invest in other areas of the agency.”
preparedness to take on the task
themselves. Wayne Harris, President & Partner
Yankee Group Study Glowac + Harris + Madison