- 1,719 views
A presentation to the Bazaarvoice "Social Commerce Summit" (http://www.socialcommercesummit.co.uk) in London, November 2008....
A presentation to the Bazaarvoice "Social Commerce Summit" (http://www.socialcommercesummit.co.uk) in London, November 2008.
This presentation built upon my address to the e-consultancy.com "Future of Digital Marketing" conference, taking a particular look at how data and data exchange underpin not only social commerce on the web, but lead to greater insights as the 'network effect' takes over.
The 'data evolution' is outlined as:
• Data evolution
– autonomous &
Two trends come together:
1) better data (eg behavioural and attention/behavioural profiling), and
2) freer exchange (eg via standard like APML and microformats).
The implications from these trends are that:
- you only see part of the picture
- the _customer_ only ever sees part of the picture
- the complete picture is both 'in the network', modal and contextual
- this openness and exchange at a data level also requires new business approaches
- the battle for businesses is to get the maximal share of (qualified, appropriate, profitable) attention.
Please contact me if you've any questions on this, or the links to sites/services cited are not clear.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views