Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd Presented by Sudip & Pradipta
- Largest pharmaceutical company
- FDA inspected and approved facilities.
- Expertise in diverse categories
- 1962: Ranjit Singh and Gurbux Singh in Amritsar
- 1987: State-of-the-art API facility in Toansa in preparation for entry
- into the U.S. market, receives FDA approval in 1988
- 1992: Launches a joint marketing agreement with Eli Lilly
- 1993: A joint venture is launched in China; a new research-driven
- NCE and NDDS strategy launched
- 1995: The company acquires Ohm Laboratories in the United
- States and builds a new FDA-approved production facility
- 2000: A cquires Basics, Bayer's generics business in Germany; the
- 2003 : Acquires Aventis in France
- Latest : Wish to acquire $2 Billion stake in Merck
- Largest Healthcare market
- Entered in 1995, now the largest market for the company
- 28% of Ranbaxy’s revenues
- 96 products approved by FDA
- Among top 10 global market.
- Low penetration on generics.
- Patents expiries happen later.
- High priced and profitable market.
- Existence of 10-12 products.
- Low cost market in terms of manufacturing.
- Strategically well positioned.
- Wide marketing authorizations.
- Strong product portfolio.
Managing the business
- Created trade support & networks overseas
- Confidence in generic drug business
- (major size of generics market in $ billion)
- Allowed to diverse into new markets