Chairman & CEO, Mr. Mehul Choksi
About Mehul Choksi
- Born into a family of diamond traders hailing from Palanpur .
- Choksi’s father had a global vision of a flourishing international diamond business.
- Choksi entered the business in the 1970s, at a very young age.
Choksi as an entrepreneur
- Integrated diamond and jewellery manufacturer and retailer in India.
- One of the DTC Sightholders in India
- One of the largest diamond exporting companies in India
Company chart Gitanjali gems ltd. Divisions Subsidiaries JV Associates Cria Jewellery pvt ltd Prism jewellery pvt. Ltd . Gemplus Jewellery pvt ltd D’Damas Gitanjali jewels ltd. Brightest circle Jewellery pvt ltd. Mehul impex Gitanjali export CORP.ltd .
- Business and Marketing activities
Distribution of polished diamonds 6% Japan 6% Europe 3% Others 20% USA 29% Asia-Arabic 36% Asia-pacific
Brands under Gitanjali
- 1987-Gitanjali-Mitsubishi JV.
- 1997-Strategic alliance with Simon Golub and Sons.
- 1998-formed strategic alliance with Damas in the middle east.
- 2000-largest order of 1,00,000 pieces of jewellery a single style processed for USA
- 2001-Diamlink jewellery established in USA, established jeweltrade in Dubai-UAE
- 2002-selected for DTC flagship program “Asmi” in India
- -launched “Nakshatra” in UAE in collaboration with Damas
- -opened 1 st independent store “Cria” in India in collaboration with Damas.
- 2003- formed JMC for distribution and branding activities through organized programs in the USA
- -D’damas jewellery manufacturing companies established in India
- - soft launched D’dmas jewellery in Japan
- -patented and launched 25 new special diamond cuts under “Fantasy Cuts”
- 2004-launched D’damas brand “Damas Solitaire” collection in India and the UAE
- -established new jewellery manufacturing companies in India for its brands “Gili” and “D’damas”
- 2005-launched D’damas brand in India and Japan “Origin” collection
- April 2006- Sanghavi Exports
- Modern mills Ltd. To create two companies
- Suleiman Al Othaim (Saudi)
- Desire lifestyle Pvt Ltd.
- 51% stake in Shubalavanya Jewel Craft Pvt. Ltd.
- Majority stake in Tri-Star.
- Dec 2006-97% stake in Samuels.
- International watch brands:-
- Gitanjali Gems has purchased a majority interest in Tri-Star Worldwide(70%)
- The marketer of Canadia branded diamonds and diamond jewellery.
- TriStar is BHP Billiton direct customer and a licensee of CANADMARK.
- New partnership will allow Canadia Diamonds to market to leading jewellers of the world.
- Mehul holds the largest number of diamond jewellery brands in India
- cover the entire market at various price points and give consumers a wider choice
- jewellery made from various other metals such as titanium and steel
- Partnering with Tri-Star gives them the opportunity to be a part of the finest “Mined in Canada” branded offering available to the market today.
- Carving an exclusive niche for itself .(D’ Damas)
- Gitanjali to foray into lifestyle retail.