Presented by: Abhishek Saraff Nasim Sheikh
- Founded by Leonard Bosack and Sandy K. Lerner, in 1984.
- Headquarter in San Jose, California.
- The first product “Multi-protocol Router”.
- In 1990 company went public and was listed on NASDAQ stock exchange.
- John Chambers , Current CEO and Chairman.
- Main Products: Switches, Routers, Hubs and Firewalls.
- Net income:$5.58 billion USD (2006)
- Employees:51,480 (Nov 2006).
- Slogan: Welcome to the human network.
- DSL and Long Reach Ethernet
- Cisco Works Network M’gmt
- The company has grown into a global market leader.
- Appearance in over 150 plus countries.
- Global leader in network Troubleshooting and security provider.
- More than 200 offices world wide.
- 7 big Research and development centers in World(4 in US and 3 in Asia).
Three factors for Success
- Expertise gained through networking marketplace leadership.
- Ability to scale for tremendous growth by using its internal network.
- Financing their existing Customer to upgrade their existing network model.
- offers favorable terms and conditions.
- offers flexibility during and at end of term.
- bundle service financing and offer you a one-stop financing solution for all your Cisco Systems networking needs.
- In every 5 month they introduce new routers and networking systems.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- In 1999 Cerent Corp. Petaluma, California for $7 billion.
- In 2003 Linksys, Network Hardware for home & small business.
- In 2006 Scientific Atlanta, supplier of Network Transmission for broadband access.
- Cisco & IBM merger will combine to provide Technical service for Mutual Customers.
- IronPort Systems for $830 million to tap growing demand for anti-virus and anti-spam software.
- Cisco buy wireless LAN switch vendor Airespace for $450 million in stock
- Cisco formed a global alliance with IBM in technology, network, and strategic service fields.
- Cisco allows Apple to use I-Phone Name
- Integrated Value Chain Network.
- Cisco is first to endorsed the Electronic Industry Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Provider of world class network certification courses.