Allison Schlumper PRCA 3339 PR Publications Top 10 List
1. Adobe InDesign <ul><li>I had never worked with InDesign before, and this class really helped me to get all of the basics of the software down and even create some publications. </li></ul>
2. Brochures <ul><li>When creating my brochure for this class for the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life, I learned a lot about the different elements of a brochure and how to create and design one using Adobe InDesign. </li></ul>
3. Business card/Letterhead <ul><li>Everyone will eventually need a business card and/or letterhead in their future. In this class we learned how to create them and how to make the two look well together and professional. </li></ul>
4. CRAP <ul><li>Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity </li></ul><ul><ul><li>We learned about all for of these elements. Their definitions, purpose, and how they are essential in any publication. </li></ul></ul>
5. Printing and paper elements <ul><li>Our class took a tour of the Eagle Print Shop at GSU. We learned a lot about the printing process, how to use specific information when getting a publication printed, and different ways to print our work. </li></ul>
6. Fonts <ul><li>I learned how and when to use different fonts. Different websites give you access to a large amount of fonts that you can download to your computer. </li></ul>
7. Group Projects <ul><li>I learned that you have to prepare for every presentation that you have, and that sometimes working in a group may not always be easy. Preparation and confidence are key when </li></ul><ul><li>presenting to your class </li></ul><ul><li>and professor. </li></ul>
8. Wordpress <ul><li>In Intro To PR, I had to create a wordpress account. I knew the basics, but PR Pubs really helped me to get a better concept of blogging and all of the benefits that come with it. I also learned some great tips to help with my wordpress account. </li></ul>
9. Photoshop <ul><li>When our guest speaker, Katrina Sage, came to speak about Adobe Photoshop. I learned some great tips and suggestions that will help me when using the software in the future. </li></ul>
10. Publications <ul><li>We touched on how to create many publications in this class. I learned information about brochures, business cards, letterheads, newsletters, etc. </li></ul>
Overall… <ul><li>This class has prepared me for many things that will come my way in the future. In PR, I will most likely have a variety of different publications to create. I am glad that I took this class so I will already know where to start and what to do. </li></ul>
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.