1. Outward Bounds - Team & Leaders Joseph Atkins Unit 19: Exploring team development Task 4 – OB Digital
2. Team objectives The high walls task. For this task a team’s objectives should be to work together to get every team member over the wall as quickly and efficiently as possible. Working together is the key point in this objective, because without team work during this task, it would be virtually impossible to achieve such objectives. This is why the high walls activity is team building exercise.
3. Teamwork How a team works, has a great affect on organisational performance because it is just like a teams performance is affected by how the team members work. If a team member does not perform well and does not work well in the team, then it affects the team performance. This is the same for a large organisation made up of several teams, if one does not work well then it affects the whole organisations performance. If a team works excellently then the performance of the whole organisation will excel.
4. Team building <ul><li>Team building is key to any business or team </li></ul><ul><li>It creates team support, communication between team members. </li></ul><ul><li>Even in a large business, team building is a very good opportunity for staff : </li></ul><ul><li>Communicate with each other </li></ul><ul><li>Build a good social bond between staff. </li></ul>
5. Team building This also applies to any team, because a team is not just a group of people who work together. A team must bond and socialise to help achieve their goals/tasks set.
6. Team building My experience of team building was one I will never forget. We started with physical challenges which is as excellent way to get a team working together. We did a vast amount of activities, from raft building to orienteering. Team Building exercises and activities are there to create a bond between the team and to work together in circumstances you would not ever think you and your team would be in.
7. Leadership Leadership is also a very important aspect of a team. In a lot of cases a team is able to function with out a leader. But when a leader is introduced, it gives a team the drive and motive to work together and get a task done. A leader must also take part in the activities as well as direct the team.
8. Conclusion Overall I fell outward bound is a once in a lifetime experience. It changes people into excellent team members with a experience you will never forget.