16. Avoid wordiness<br />Wordiness increases sentence length and drains verb strength<br />Sound fresher and more vigorous by eliminating dull expressions<br />Use:<br />“as you request” instead of “as per your request”<br />“have received” instead of “in receipt of”<br />Revising for Vigour and Directness<br />
17. Develop parallelism for balance<br />Match nouns with nouns; verbs with verbs ;phrases for phrases and so on.<br />Use graphic techniques for visibility and improving readability<br />Bulleted lists, headings, CAPITAL letters, underlining, bold type, or italics.<br />Revising for Readability<br />
18. <ul><li>Find your main point.
19. Identify your readers and your purpose.
20. Evaluate your evidence.
21. Save only the good pieces.
22. Tighten and clean up your language.</li></ul>Revising Tips<br />
23. <ul><li>Check for
27. Names and numbers
28. Format</li></ul>Proofreading Tasks<br />
29. Proofread a hard copy instead of electronic<br />Read it aloud and at least three times<br />Read it at different times<br />Read backwards<br />Refer to a dictionary, thesaurus<br />Proofreading Tips<br />
30. Encourage feedback from receiver<br />Evaluate your sources <br />Welcome advice<br />Evaluating tips<br />