COMMUNICATIONS WITHOUT LIMITS!! Welcome to the era of ...
Hello Bob? Did you review the contract I sent you?
<ul><li>... So it’s finished? You’ll send it to me by e-mail? </li></ul>- My e-mail address? Frankly, I don’t remember it !!!
- Just a minute, let me check. -NICOOOLE, ... WHAT’S MY E-MAIL ADDRESS?
- No, no, that’s my home e-mail address! - Listen, I can’t find it. Let me check and call you back.
- Oh!... You’re going for lunch... OK, I’ll send you the address by fax. You’ll have it when you get back. OK?
OK. So give me your fax number. - What! You don’t know it?
- OK, here’s what we’ll do. You e-mail me your fax number and I’ll fax you my e-mail address. - No, that won’t work. Wait, I’m getting mixed up... Let me think...
So… Hum… OK… Well… Yeah…
- What’s your cell-phone number? - Oh, your battery is dead ... Mine too...
- OK, listen, here’s what we’ll do... - You charge your cell-phone battery, I’ll call you in a couple of hours and leave you my e-mail address in your voice mail.
- Then you take my e-mail address in your voice mail and you e-mail me your fax number. <ul><li>Then I can fax you my e-mail address. </li></ul>
- That’s plan A. Now for plan B! I send myself an e-mail to see what my e-mail address is and then I record a message for you in my voice mail....
… when you get it, you send me the answer on my pager... … so then, I send you a fax with my e-mail address.
- Complicated? No, it’s not at all complicated. <ul><li>We just need a bit of coordination... and luck... </li></ul>
<ul><li>There’s also a third possibility that’s much simpler: plan C... </li></ul><ul><li>You send me the contract directly by express messenger. </li></ul><ul><li>Yeah!... It’s the best plan strategically speaking... </li></ul>
- But actually, I have a small question... … what was I supposed to send you by e-mail? My e-mail address, my fax number, my cell number, pager, telephone?
- Oh! You don’t remember either. - It would probably be a good idea to have periodic bilateral coordination meetings concerning protocols for internal communications.
- But anyway, since your office is at the other end of the corridor, I’ll come by to pick it up in 2 minutes... OK? Bye!
And the moral…: Thanks to technology, we can now waste time with an efficiency until now unimaginable, all in the name of saving time…