2. What is Voicethread? A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images , documents , and videos and allows people to navigate pages and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too.
3. Voicethread allows you to create an educational account and provides support for teachers. You can find activities and tutorials to walk you through projects. Go to www.ed.voicethread.com/pricing/k12/ and click the button to getthe free educator account.
4. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
5. Creating you first voicethread is simple. Just click Create.
6. <ul><li>UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO, VIDEO OR DOCUMENT </li></ul><ul><li>COMMENT </li></ul><ul><li>SHARE WITH FRIENDS </li></ul><ul><li>Voicethread walks you through the process. It is a good idea to watch this tutorial video </li></ul><ul><li>http://fresh.voicethread.com/?#b8381 </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>Why use Voicethread? </li></ul><ul><li>You can use VoiceThread... </li></ul><ul><li>To deliver content. </li></ul><ul><li>To extend class discussion </li></ul><ul><li>To create virtual Show and Tell activities </li></ul><ul><li>To prepare students for debating </li></ul><ul><li>To promote e-twinning opportunies </li></ul><ul><li>To break down the barriers of the classroom </li></ul><ul><li>To promote interactivity and collaboration </li></ul>
8. Need ideas? Click here http://www.ideastoinspire.co.uk/voicethread.htm
9. Maximizing Speaking Opportunities Using Voicethread Discussion and Debating Students create a profile of a culture or country by uploading pictures and describing how the images relate to aspects of the culture. Other students are invited to post their comments orally. Teacher can invite students Simulate a UN assembly where learners would represent the country they had chosen.