1931 Alberta Burke starts Burke Marketing Research as a data collection agency.
1952 Don Miller, Marketing Research Director for Cincinnati's WLW radio, joins Burke and begins development of the Day-After Recall (DAR) for testing TV commercials.
Late 1960's Burke expands to international markets, adding locations in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Tokyo and Mexico City.
Mid 1980's Industry image study rates Burke as number one research firm in study design capability and analytical sophistication.
1990 Burke Customer Satisfaction Associates (BCSA) is established to better serve businesses in listening and reacting to the "voice of the customer".
1995 Burke changes official name from Burke Marketing Research Inc., to Burke, Inc. The name change reflects Burke's broader research and consulting activities outside traditional custom marketing research.
2004 Burke re-acquires 100% of its shares and becomes 100% employee-owned. Burke establishes ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) to allow for broad based employee ownership. Burke re-acquires 100% ownership of the Burke Institute .
Burke is 100% employee owned. In 2004, Burke formed an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), ensuring that all employees are able to participate in stock ownership and have a personal stake in helping to contribute to the company's success.
For Success: First, set rigorous hiring and performance standards to build a world class staff of researchers.
Then, create a culture of pride, passion, and commitment - commitment to continuous improvement in inventing and perfecting the world's best research practices, and a commitment to providing top notch thinking, support, and service to our customers.
The result is better business decisions by our customers.