2. Talent alone doesn’t make a STAR. Their style needs to make an impact Make us believe they’re Bigger than life.
3. At the 2000 Grammy Award show, Jennifer Lopez showed up in this barely there green Versace dress and made history. The world has never been the same since. The Jennifer craze had begun.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow wore this princess dress, by Ralph Lauren, when she won the award for best actress in “Shakespeare in Love.” She joined the ranks of the A-list with this choice. This dress took us back to the glamorous golden era of Hollywood.
5. “ South Park” creators, Trey Parker and Matt Stone parodied J Lo’s and Gwyneth’s dresses at the 2000 Oscars’. Obviously, making fun of the OBSESSION we have with fashion. Yet unknowingly reiterated their infamy.
6. The essence of style. Stars seem to naturally have it. When they wear something, it just looks better!
7. Born Norma Jean Mortenson, she developed a persona around the ultimate male fantasy. Thus, Marilyn Monroe was born. With this new persona came an unforgettable style. Who can forget the ultra blonde curls, the fake beauty mark, luscious red lips and tight dresses. Marilyn was the envy of all women and the desire of all men. She stands alone as the greatest blonde bombshell of all time.
8. AUDREY HEPBURN Audrey Hepburn was a style goddess amongst a sea of mere mortals. She encompasses what is classic and sophisticated. Dressed by her favorite designer, Givenchy, she originated the little black dress, as seen in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” Who can forget the tiara, the chic up-do, and the oversized sunglasses.
9. Cher is truly a style icon. With her outrages style, she set herself apart from her blonde-haired counterparts. Yet she is not taken seriously in Hollywood. Rumor has it that she will never win an academy award because she doesn’t look like an award winner.
10. Now we come to the ultimate Style Icon. She is a fashion chameleon. Never adopting a style for long. She had an entire generation dressing like her. And coincidentally started what I call fashion A.D.D.
11. An inability to stick with a style. A lack of fashion focus. Sound Confusing? It’s what made Madonna go from this… To this…
12. To this… To this… To this… And now…
13. Style Icons in the past embraced a persona. Now the rules have changed. We are starting to see that everybody is going A.D.D.
14. Now Before… Nicole Richie Hillary Duff Before… Now
15. <ul><li>Fashion A.D.D. has caused us to lose focus of what fashion is all about! </li></ul><ul><li>We have become obsessed with perfection. </li></ul><ul><li>Celebrities along with many average people have gone to the extremes of dieting to have the perfect body for wearing clothes. </li></ul><ul><li>It’s become all about the body! </li></ul><ul><li>I thought fashion was about making a statement. </li></ul>
16. <ul><li>Fashion is about expression </li></ul><ul><li>Not perfection </li></ul><ul><li>Do what you feel </li></ul><ul><li>Wear what YOU want </li></ul><ul><li>Just be yourself </li></ul>