How are delivering this value Enabling customers to unlock the full potential of their investment in an HP ProLiant and BladeSystem hardware is a key element of the HP Adaptive Infrastructure While customers who choose an “all up” solution from HP will benefit from hardware and software that is designed from the ground up to work together, we are committed to making sure our servers are the best-managed in the industry. That means also investing in joint development and go-to-market with industry leaders like Microsoft to ensure our customers receive the ProLiant and BladeSystem experience they’ve come to expect, regardless of their management platform. With this announcement, HP is taking a significant first step in delivering AI through any pane of glass by enabling HP Insight Control capabilities to be invoked directly from the Microsoft System Center consoles. A natural evolution in our support strategy for the System Center products, we believe Insight Control suite for System Center will help address many of the key pain points customers are experiencing today by reducing complexity and requirements on administrator time, delivering integrated management of virtual machines and the underlying host systems and optimizing utilization of resources, power and space.
Insight Control Environment is the suite of server management tools to make your HP ProLiant and BladeSystem environments simple, seamless and easy. HP Insight Control Environment management suite is the essential infrastructure management suite for every HP G6 server. Whether an HP BladeSystem or HP ProLiant server, always consider ICE and an essential part of your server. Don’t leave home without it. ICE provides an essential set of infrastructure management functionality that every G6 server can/should consider using. This functionality includes a complete set of lifecycle management tools including: RDP for rapid software image deployment, It too extends the power of Insight Control to BladeSystem, creating a single, consistent management environment for rapid deployment, health and performance monitoring, vulnerability and patch management, power management, lights-out remote control and also virtual machine management. The virtual machine management component bundled is one of the integrated differences of the HP Insight Control Environment management suite and the HP Insight Control Environment for BladeSystem management suite. Ideal targeting is the same as Insight Control Environment management suite other than using this suite specifically for BladeSystem servers.
The second offering to support our strategy of delivering Adaptive Infrastructure through any pane of glass, Insight Control suite for VMware vCenter is the result of close collaboration between HP and VMware. Because the value we each bring to the table is so complementary in nature, the partnership delivers the most seamless management experience for both physical and virtual datacenter elements. In addition to the industry leading ProLiant and BladeSystem platforms, HP Insight Software delivers deep insight and precise control of the unique HP management instrumentation that is built into all of our servers. Ongoing optimization of the HP systems managed by vCenter is delivered via tight integration with the vCenter console What VMware brings to the table is the industry’s most prominent virtualization platform, as well as comprehensive virtual infrastructure management in the vCenter products. What you get with Insight Control for System Center is the best of both worlds: VMware’s breadth of virtualization management capabilities combined with HP’s deep instrumentation, all surfaced through the System Center consoles Key features of Insight Control suite for VMware vCenter are: Integrated troubleshooting: Increases the efficiency of virtualization administrators by delivering the ability to troubleshoot both physical and virtual problems from the vCenter console. Power Management and reporting: Reduces IT costs by providing power usage data and potential savings reports Combined physical and virtual views: Reduces complexity by enabling the Virtualization administrator to view both virtual and physical IT assets and health status’ in the vCenter console
1. HP at VMworld 2009
2. September 2, 2009 Double your ROI with VMware from HP
3. <ul><li>HP is excited to welcome you to our booth #2023 at VMworld 2009 </li></ul><ul><li>Check out all the informative and fun things we are doing at the event </li></ul>September 2, 2009 HP at VMworld 2009 Hosted at the Moscone Center San Francisco, CA Aug 31 – Sep 3
4. Highlights <ul><li>Big PR announcements on Sept 9 </li></ul><ul><li>vCloud sessions by HP </li></ul><ul><li>Breakout sessions </li></ul><ul><li>$2,000 AmEx card – drawing Wed at 5pm </li></ul><ul><ul><li>T-Shirts – what a great color!! </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>HP Netbooks – several given away each day </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Prize Patrol – Wednesday </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Win COOL HP stuff!! </li></ul></ul></ul>September 2, 2009
5. HP Announcements at VMworld <ul><li>HP Virtual Desktop Reference Architecture for VMware </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Host as many as 800 virtual desktops on its c7000 BladeSystems blade servers </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Allow all of the compute and management work to be done on the server </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Provide adequate bandwidth for both networking and storage to make a traffic-intense task like server-based desktops possible </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Available now from HP, resellers and consultant, including EDS, for $549 per instance. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Integrating VMware vCenter with HP Insight Control – complete view of physical and virtual servers </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Allows for automated intervention in the event of a hardware failure. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Should a piece of physical hardware start to fail, all of the virtual machines running on it will be moved elsewhere and the admins alerted to the failing hardware </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Virtualizing storage capacity with HP LeftHand P4000 and other StorageWorks virtualization solutions </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Reduce cost for multi-site, high availability storage by approximately 50% </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increase capacity utilization by approximately 33% to improve storage investments </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Easily deploy shared storage within virtual server environments without disruptions to business operations </li></ul></ul>September 2, 2009
6. HP Reference Architecture for VMware View First VMware-based virtual desktop solution for under $1,000 <ul><li>Unprecedented ROI with total Datacenter infrastructure acquisition cost per seat below $1K for productivity users </li></ul><ul><li>Highly scalable compute with G6 Blades, flexibility with BladeSystem architecture, Virtual Connect, LeftHand Networks </li></ul><ul><li>Storage solutions, Storage Works powered by LeftHand </li></ul><ul><li>Dynamic scalable network architecture from HP with Flex 10 </li></ul><ul><li>True integrated manageability that HP delivers with HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter . Sizing based on defined user types. </li></ul>September 2, 2009
7. HP Reference Architecture for VMware View – Customer Benefits <ul><li>Enables increased numbers of uses per blade from previous versions at a price well under $1000 per seat with HP BL460c G6 ESX servers with Intel® Xeon® 5500 series processors. </li></ul><ul><li>Start as low as 200 users and scale all the way to 1,600 users in a rack. Productivity users and large datacenters can easily scale the solution to multiple racks. </li></ul><ul><li>Leveraging HP LeftHand P4000 SAN solutions, the bladed storage allows customers to implement fast, reliable storage without expensive Fibre Channel. This simplifies storage administration and reduces costs. The solution provides a storage building block of up to 140 hot pluggable SAS drives as an iSCSI SAN with the ability to keep all storage communication inside the rack without a switch. </li></ul><ul><li>Virtual desktop implementations can create major network demands. HP meets that challenge with Virtual Connect Flex-10 network architecture, the only network technology that truly solves the need for flexible networking bandwidth that virtual environments demand. </li></ul>September 2, 2009
8. Adaptive Infrastructure through any pane of glass Delivering HP infrastructure innovation through partner ecosystem HP Infrastructure Datacenter Service Automation & Heterogeneous Platform support HP Insight Software Partner Optimized Partner Optimized HP Optimized
9. HP Insight Control Essential Server Management for HP ProLiant Deploy Servers Quickly Manage Health Proactively Control from Anywhere Optimize Power Confidently Reduce system admin expenses Reduce deployment time by 65% Reduce unplanned downtime by 77% Triple your datacenter capacity Manage from any Enterprise Console HP Confidential – NDA Required
10. HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server Announcing September 1, 2009 <ul><li>Foremost virtualization </li></ul><ul><li>infrastructure and </li></ul><ul><li>application services </li></ul><ul><li>Comprehensive </li></ul><ul><li>virtualization </li></ul><ul><li>management: </li></ul><ul><li>Enterprise-wide virtual infrastructure management </li></ul><ul><li>Desktop to datacenter virtual machine provisioning, configuration, updating and fault tolerance </li></ul>Industry leading ProLiant & BladeSystem Infrastructure HP Insight Control: Deploy Servers Quickly Manage Health Proactively Control From Anywhere Optimize Power Confidently Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server NEW! <ul><li>Take care of issues before they become problems </li></ul><ul><li>Remotely control your infrastructure to reduce IT costs </li></ul><ul><li>Optimize power utilization to get the most out of your existing power capacity </li></ul><ul><li>Get virtual hosts up and running faster </li></ul>HP and VMware announce the industry’s first solution to manage physical host systems using VMware vCenter Server
11. HP loot at VMworld <ul><li>Be sure to enter in the drawing for a $2,000 AmEx card </li></ul><ul><li>Wear your t-shirt and stay on the alert for our Wednesday prize patrol and win neat stuff!! </li></ul><ul><li>Check out the flyer in your registration bag to win an HP Mini </li></ul>September 2, 2009
12. Follow the HP BUZZ on www.hp.com/go/vmworld <ul><li>On Twitter: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>@BladeNews </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li> @ProLiant </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>@HPStorageGuy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>@HPITOps </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li> @TSatHP </li></ul></ul>September 2, 2009 Tweet! Tell us what's happening: #HPVMW Facebook