● Routers connect two
or more logical
subnets, which do not
necessarily map one-
to-one to the physical
interfaces of the
router. The term
"layer 3 switch" oftne
router, but switch is a
general term without a
Tera Term is an open-source, free, software
implemented, terminal emulator program.
Network Virtual Terminal
● 1. Allows host terminals on a multi-user network to interact with other hosts
regardless of terminal type and characteristics,
● 2. Allows remote log-on by local area network managers for the purpose of
● 3. Allows users to access information from another host processor for
● 4. Serves as a backup facility.
● ITU-T defines a virtual terminal protocol based on the OSI application layer
protocols. However, the virtual terminal protocol is not widely used on the
What is the Telnet?
Telnet is a network protocol to access to remote