1. World of TALARNA From archives of Solntsezar, which is on the other side of Great Eastern Seas ...For a long time was Talarna undisturbed and serene, lying in the eastern part of the continent Raan. And there were alvars in the southern woods and wood-goblins in the northern. Dwarf-dverbs lived amongst hills and mountains. And they lived in peace between themselves and other children of Nature. Everything was according to the design of the Creator and Makers maintained the harmony of the Universe...
2. Quick Start <ul><li>This game will give you freedom that real life lacks </li></ul><ul><li>It will fulfill your sacred desires usually hidden deep inside </li></ul><ul><li>By means of this game you can get self-actualization cherishing your personage every day </li></ul><ul><li>Intercourse, new mates and self-actualization draw new players into the game as a magnet and hold them in it </li></ul><ul><li>Every day player will come into the game to take part in the tournaments, buy something new for his personage, be the first to stroll along the streets of the new town, fight the dragon, or earn some more coins </li></ul><ul><li>This game comprises the very best ideas of RPG games gathered from the most popular games like HMM, WARCRAFT, ARENA, etc. It also has lots of unique innovations, like dating, economy, tycoon, strategy, arcade, etc. </li></ul><ul><li>This game world is worked out with such minuteness, which won’t overload player with needless details, but at the same time won’t create impression of the artificial world. Day by day models of relations, production, economy and combats are improved more and more. </li></ul><ul><li>Audience of the game is 5-10 thousands players. These are educated wealthy young people from 18 to 35 years old, who spend in the game 2-3 hours a day. </li></ul><ul><li>Players earn game talarns in combats, mining resources, trading or manufacturing goods in their workshops. </li></ul><ul><li>Coins earned in the game can be spent on immovable property, services, weapon, and other game artifacts. But if there’s not enough money for the game, player can use payment provider (WEBMONEY) and transfer money to his game account (gold coins). </li></ul><ul><li>Some game artifacts can be bought for gold coins only. </li></ul>
3. Game Interface You can play in any browser (IE, Mozilla, Opera, Saffari). Game does not require additional software installation. Game server can function on UNIX/LINUX or W2K platform.
4. Game Races <ul><li>Goblins is the first race which seen the Renovated World. They originate from wood-goblins who survived the Downfall of the Old World. These taiga folk had lost their warm fir, stooped and their skin got green. </li></ul><ul><li>Long ago in times of Wars Orcs had created Makers, ominous servants of Wrathful. They’ve created them on the island Hatsh, where last of the wood-goblins escaped, and they were relatives of future Goblins. There they were raised as tireless, ferocious, mighty, and ruthless soldiers and were forced to fight far across the Eastern Seas. </li></ul><ul><li>As Zvorns , or Demons , are known among people as junior servants of the Wrathful. Sinister and unpredictable, whose flesh is Crimson Flame and Grey Bog, they dream to revenge their prostrated Lord. Woe the one who to his misfortune will resort to their powerful help! </li></ul><ul><li>Dwarfs , off springs of the Stone Pygmies, first came out of the caves in days of Renovate World and inhabited hills and plateaus of Talarna. Short and sturdy, dwarfs are untiring and assiduous sloggers, they appreciate fruits of the ground and till it as nobody else. </li></ul><ul><li>Elves are descendants of the saved Alvars, once helped by Wardens of the Lucid Union. They inherited their appearance and temper being the finest race, which preserved wisdom of Old Times living in harmony and peace with Nature. </li></ul><ul><li>People were the last to come to Talarna. It was strange because after the Last War of the Makers plan of the universe had plaited in the Invincible Tracery. And now it is impossible to get beyond the Great Eastern Seas not by land, nor by water or air. </li></ul><ul><li>Necromancers are the Army of Deadmen. “Other World Incarnates”, “Children of Darkness”. They roam near the ancient barrows and guard the treasures of the ruined castles and graves. Who can kill the one, who’s already dead? </li></ul><ul><li>Monks are the servants of the Lucid Spirit. Along with Elves they represent bearers of the unique detergent light, similar to the one possessed by brahmantians and Wardens of the Lucid Union. They heal Distortion and dispel Darkness from hearts and souls. </li></ul><ul><li>Black Guards is an elite subdivision of the Order Keepers. They are skilled warriors, steadfast guards and noble soldiers. They are support to peaceful folk of Talarna. </li></ul><ul><li>Dragons take up a special place in history of Talarna, and not only in it, probably. Makers used them in their Wars, on both sides. They were called by pagan priests of Dragon Cult in Alamey Empire. First as the live incarnations of their God, and then as a present, alive weapon in skilled hands, wrecking and shattering. </li></ul>
5. Magic Forces <ul><li>«… From time immemorial world of Talarna obeyed primordial magic forces and elements. Eternal confrontation of the Light and Darkness, Fire and Water, Air and Earth left mark on the creatures of Talarna. </li></ul><ul><li>But Light and Darkness, as well as Elements, live on the faith of Talarna people. Castles, which stand on Power Centers, can move equilibrium to the good of those clans of Warlords who’ll seize them. </li></ul><ul><li>Sometimes Darkness retreat under the onset of Light far away to Northern Wastelands, sometimes Fire flaming in the hearts of people brings droughty years. Sometimes Neutral Power comes to Talarna and reconciles Light and Darkness. But never will the transformation of the World stop while the representatives of the Talarna races live …» </li></ul>Power of the Deadly Void emerged in old times when Talarna was still unsettled and mighty Makers had just started their Wars that changed all fate lines of the Universe. Races which helped Dark Lord are by default connected to the Dark Force. These are Demons, Orcs, Necromancers, and pagan priests of the Darkness . Dark Magic Force Power of the Rainbow emerged in old times when Talarna was still unsettled and mighty Makers had just started their Wars, which changed all fate lines of the Universe. It was able to give power to change the very substance of the universe! Races which helped Lucid Union of the Makers by default are connected to the Power of Light, these are Alvars, Elves, offsprings of the Brahmantians, and others. Same concerns monks and pagan priests of the Light . Light Magic Force Power of the Deadly Void emerged in old times when Talarna was still unsettled and mighty Makers had just started their Wars that changed all fate lines of the Universe. Races which helped Dark Lord are by default connected to the Dark Force. These are Demons, Orcs, Necromancers, and pagan priests of the Darkness . Neutral Magic Force
6. World Elements <ul><li>«… Don’t trust brahmantians with their pseudo-science of the Great Seven! There can be no seven elements, but four and only four. Here are they: AIR, WATER, EARTH, and FIRE. </li></ul><ul><li>Earth was first to appear. It’s wrong to think that it’s immutable. Solid and great, it’s alive! One who’s able to hear can heed it. It gave birth to the living and now the Life itself owes it. </li></ul><ul><li>Air is a husband to her, cold and windy. Clouds are his curls and wind is his gown. Birds heed his song. The closer you to him the stronger he presses and holds your throat for you not to be turned into bird of heaven. </li></ul><ul><li>Fire is their son, till now living in the bosom of his mother Earth. Passionate and impetuous, he’s in need of help to be born and be restrained, subduing his temper. </li></ul><ul><li>Water is a sister to Earth and brother to Air. She’s unsteady, as well as her sex, temper and spirit. She can be liquid, solid, or aerial. She lulls sea creatures and violently pulls frail boats of the brave ones daring to try her …» </li></ul>Symbolizes energy and aggression. Objects of the Fire element influence positively objects of Fire and Air, and negatively objects of Water and Earth. Fire Element Symbolizes firmness and power. Objects of the Earth element influence positively objects of Earth and Water, and negatively objects of Air and Fire. Earth Element Symbolizes lightness and wisdom. Objects of the Air element influence positively objects of Air and Fire, and negatively of Earth and Water. Air Element Symbolizes constant changeability and dexterity. Objects of the Water element influence positively objects of Water and Earth elements, and negatively objects of Fire and Air. Water Element
7. Hero Hero is a playing personage, alter-ego of the player. Everything what the player does he does with the soul and body of his personage. Everything the player achieves, his personage achieves too. Who the personage will be – orc, dwarf or monk – is defined when you register in the game. Race and sex may be changed later. Race defines physical abilities and disposition to certain professions. With each successful blow in battle experience of the personage grows, as well as his physical abilities. With each new product made his skills improve. Experience and craftsmanship determine general level of the personage. The higher the level the faster products are made, the stronger the strike and higher endurance. Marriages are allowed in the game. Married couple shares the property and realty.
8. NPC NPC – Non Personal Character. They attack solitary travelers both in dark alleyways late at night and at noon of the day near the gates of city hall. NPC doesn’t join conversation, attack from the back and rob lifeless bodies this is all they can do. Only the demonstration of power can frighten them away. When strengthens are unequal, NPC gather in groups and attack characters. Some use them to reinforce their characters, some can’t escape sticky horror of the nightmares after meeting them under the gas lantern on the streets of Bethany.
9. Clans Clan is the only hope for the new player not to become a puppet for other players or victim of NPC. Chief is a heart of the clan. His main attribute is castle. Clan chief controls castle depository and clan treasury. All members of the clan can use things from clan depository. Only the clan Chief decides who will stay in clan and who should be banished. Winner of the clan tournament obtains temporary bonus. These are battle blessing or tax reduction. Bonus affects all clan members.
10. Combat <ul><li>Combat is of course the most interesting part of the game. Skills, cunning, strength, stamina, everything is used for the sake of victory! </li></ul><ul><li>In combat player gets fame, experience, level-ups (player distributes these according to the personage’s skills), and game money. Bonuses are gained in the tournaments, like unique things, gold coins, and combat bonuses. </li></ul><ul><li>Combat goes in the single-step regime, when all participants make their moves in certain periods of time. </li></ul><ul><li>Winner is considered the player (and his allies) whose rivals have null health point. </li></ul><ul><li>Combat may take place in any game location. Tournaments can take place only in Arena location and with strict restrictions . </li></ul><ul><li>Combats may be of the following types : </li></ul><ul><li>Duel – combat when players fight one on one. </li></ul><ul><li>Group Combat – participates more then two players and all participants are grouped. </li></ul><ul><li>Chaotic Combat – similar to group combat, but each participant fights for himself. </li></ul><ul><li>Clan Combat – same as group combat, but participants are grouped according to the clan belonging . </li></ul>
11. Artifacts Game has various artifacts of several classes: weapon ( swords, spears, bows ), combat gear ( helmets, shield, hauberks, jackets ), instrument, magic tools ( wands, cloaks, scrolls ), papers, transport, etc. As in any classic RPG game artifacts possess various individual qualities ( weight, size, breakage, level, loss, protection, element ). Except basic properties each artifact can change physical abilities of the personages for some time. E.g. by putting on the Ring of Fire personage strengthens his abilities in Fire Magic spell usage and weakens enemy’s defiance. Not all artifacts are available for personage from the start of the game. Only the things complying with the skill level of the personage can be used by him. Personage also can produce only the things corresponding to the level of his craftsmanship. Each artifact has its own formula. Formulas of the artifacts are gathered in formula books received in the end of the training for the next level of trade.
12. Manufacturing and Resources <ul><li>To manufacture the goods, except for the time and skills needed for its creation, player also needs enough resources and instruments in working condition. </li></ul><ul><li>Goods creation is an interactive process, so it requires personage’s presence in the workshop and his direct participation. </li></ul><ul><li>If one uses wrong formula or unfit instrument, personage will get null result in the end. </li></ul><ul><li>If the player needs some certain unique artifact and it is too expensive to buy it in the store, he can order it by artisan of the appropriate trade. Payment for the manufacture may be compounded by the necessary resources. Straight manufacturing and trade dealing is controlled by hirelings or Black Guards. </li></ul><ul><li>Nature resources of the game world comprise following elements: gold, gems, stone, ore, coal, water, wood, grass, and cereals. Each of these resources can be used to create certain artifact. </li></ul><ul><li>At the same time resource mining is the easiest way of capital accumulation. </li></ul>
13. Trades, Licenses, Training <ul><li>Besides participation in combats main pastime in the game is a professional activity and gaining game income. </li></ul><ul><li>In order for personage to be able to lead professional activity he ought to buy corresponding license in Town Council and go through training for entry skill level. </li></ul><ul><li>Game licenses are distributed according to the skill level and period of validity. Depending on the profession license gives additional advantages, like speed of mining, size of storehouses, quantity of the instruments, etc. </li></ul><ul><li>Each race has ban on certain professions. </li></ul><ul><li>List of game professions is constantly changing. Here are the basic of them : </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Water-carrier, Farmer, Miner, Lumberman </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Jeweler, Smith </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Brewer, Doctor, Alchemist, Wizard, Priest Merchant, Hireling, Groom </li></ul></ul>
14. Game Locations <ul><li>Game world is a territory (locations) connected with roads (between towns and wastelands) and streets (in towns). </li></ul><ul><li>Traveling from location to location player gets to the goal of his journey. </li></ul><ul><li>If road takes too much time player can use a carriage. Carriages go for the long distances according to the preset schedule. Price of the ticket depends on duration of the route. </li></ul><ul><li>At least one location corresponds to each profession ( smithy, stable, tavern, store, market, hospital, wizard tower ). </li></ul><ul><li>In these locations you can buy and sell goods ( weapon, combat gear, resources, potions, balsams, magic scrolls ), heal, pray, etc. </li></ul><ul><li>There are also special locations, like bank, house, castle, arena, town council, clan castles . </li></ul>
15. Special Game Locations <ul><li>Special game locations give player unique possibilities : </li></ul><ul><li>In Bank player can open an account to save game currency (talarns) and add gold coins. </li></ul><ul><li>In House (after he buys it) player can leave the things, which he doesn’t need at the time in his inventory. </li></ul><ul><li>Arena is a place for tournaments and clan combats. </li></ul><ul><li>In Town Council personage can marry, buy license or decide a case. </li></ul><ul><li>Clan Castle is an integral part of the clan. Clan property can be kept in it, protected by castle walls and fortifications. To occupy the castle you should first besiege it and then win this battle. Catapults are the best weapon for this. </li></ul>
16. ...Finally, on the eve of the Invincible Tracery and Renovated World, triumphers shown up in Talarna. They were the relatives and successors of the greatest warriors amongst Mortals, who brought victory to the Lucid Union of the Makers. They mingled with other people, dwarfs, elves and orcs. Their strength and skills in many ways surpassed the others, quite often they where the ones who leaded whole people, became heroes of the legends, and their descendants were the ones to rule the history of Talarna afterwards. These were the Masters of War, Warlords!