Quote: “It didnt take long to reliaze their sweet-
faced new roommate was really a manipulative
Bridge: In Cecily von Ziegesars book Reckless,
this passage explain the story of 4 teenage girls
who experience what high school really is.
Thesis: A highschool setting, backstabbing
characters, twisted plot, and powerful theme make
Reckless a great book to read.
Callie Vernon Brett Messerschmidt Tinsley Carmichael
Tinsley and Bretts bestfriend. Brett tells everyone she’s from East Tinsley is the “it” girl at Waverly.
She is dating Easy Walsh. rooms Hampton but she’s really from New Jersey. She is known for her manipulative and
with Jenny. Is very Manipulative. She has a big secret she keeps only Tinsley devious ways. Every boy at Waverly has a
knows. crush on her.
Brandon Buchanan Heath Ferro
Brandon was a loyal and dedicated Heath is the smokin' hot "it" boy of
boyfriend to Callie Vernon, but she cheated waverly. Thought to be an annoying
on him with and eventually left him for freak, is secretly loved because of his
Easy Walsh. Brandon never got over Callie extreme hottness and adorableness.
and is still willing to do anything for her. He Nicknamed Pony because everyone's
had a thing for Jenny but she too, was taken a ride. He drunkenly made out
interested in Easy, so Brandon decided to with Jenny on her ﬁrst day at Waverly,
stick with being her friend and only having then fell asleep in her lap. He's also a
eyes for Callie, who has yet to show any favorite of Tinsley because of their
real interest in getting back together. similar natures.
- Jenny arrives at Waverly Academy she is new
roomates with Callie and Brett.
- Everyone immidetly starts buzzing around her
and her body.
- She catches the eyes of the three hottest guys
on campus, Easy, Brandon and Heath.
- Jenny starts talking to Easy, knowing he is
- It doesn’t take long for Callie to tell their
new roommate is really two-faced and
- Jenny kisses Brandon and Heath.
- Then Callie and Tinsley team up and kick
Jenny and Brett out to a different room.
- Jenny and Brett now live in a room together and
Callie and Tinsley are miles away downstairs.
- Easy starts to come and visit Jenny a lot, they hide
it from Callie.
- They say its “war” and the girls ﬁght and spread
- Easy brakes up with Callie, for Jenny. Jenny and Easy
are now dating.
-Brandon and Callie start talking again because Callie
thinks it will bother Easy.
- One night Jenny and Easy have a plan to sneak him
over so he comes but instead of ﬁnding Jenny he
- Tinsley and Heath are also dating un-ofﬁcally.
- Easy starts talking to Brett now, but Jenny doesn’t
- Brandon really starts to like Callie again but she is
just playing games with him.
- Easy cheats on Jenny for Brett.
- The school ﬁnds out there is a bunch of drama with
everyone. So, they lock all 4 of them in a room for the
- In the morning when the girls come out of the room,
they have all put aside their differences.
- They all become friends again, and all the drama is
- Jenny, Callie, Tinsley, Brett, Easy, Brandon, and Heath all
have a party at the end together and they are all friends.
I think that the theme of this book
is to treat people the way you want
to be treated, and always
remember who comes ﬁrst.
I enjoyed this book, it was really confusing
in some parts but i liked it.
I would recommend this book to anyone
who likes drama.