• We have more than 150 registered
attendees coming from all over the country.
• We have 10 speakers who have really done
great things and have exciting things to share
• We’ll be here from now until 5 p.m., then
we’re heading out to Charlie’s Kitchen for
some intense ofﬂine social networking.
• Starting with the 1.5 release, Elgg started to
get a lot more attention in the marketplace,
especially in the U.S.
• The Elgg core team thought it was time to
get the “Elgg economy” off the ground here.
A major 2-day conference would introduce
Elgg to new customers and give potential
service providers the information they
needed to create Elgg solutions.
• We’ve set up a demo Elgg site for this event:
• Fastest to create an account with your
Twitter credentials, but username/password/
email also pretty fast.
Update from yesterday
• Elgg was a major sponsor of yesterday’s
event, “Social Technology in Education”
• Elgg is of huge interest to many high schools
and universities, and the conference proved
that many of these institutions are asking,
“How can we get an Elgg network?”
• This is a major opportunity for providers!
Interested in Elgg work?
If you’re interested in doing some services
work for Elgg, let us know:
• In addition to Curverider (the services ﬁrm
behind Elgg), we would like to thank:
• Arck Interactive
• The Harvard Stem Cell Institute
• Curverider has established a local presence
• If you’re in New England, and would like to
talk to someone about creating an Elgg-
based network for your organization, please
• Arck Interactive is one of our favorite ﬁrms out
there that's working with Elgg. They are a boutique
web development and design ﬁrm based in
• Arck is focused on social network, e-commerce
and content management system development and
• Their site is here: http://arckinteractive.com/
• HSCI does research, education and outreach
related to stem cell research.
• They were a huge help in arranging space
and getting the word out at Harvard.
• They are working on an Elgg network for
their own people.
• Please silence your phones when you are
inside the event rooms.
• The other room is 309a - near the elevator
on the 3rd ﬂoor.
• Restrooms are in the basement.
• We’re not providing lunch - you need to go
into Harvard Square - lots of choices there.
• Twitter tag is #elggcamp
• Flickr and Slideshare tags are: elggcamp
• After the event ends at 5 p.m., we’ll be
headed to Charlie’s Kitchen.
• We have the second ﬂoor reserved, and you
can hang out there or in the beer garden in
• For those interested, we’ll be headed to
Grendel’s around the corner for dinner at
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.