1. Expand your social media strategy and create conversations Beyond Blogging
2. Stella De Zotti Australian Businesswomen’s Network
3. Suzi Dafnis Australian Businesswomen’s Network
4. Anne Bartlett-Bragg Headshift
5. Agenda How to listen to conversations? How to engage with existing social networks? How to create an online niche community ?
6. What is your market saying about you? about your product? “ Listening”
7. What is your market saying about you? about your product? “ Listening”
8. How to “Listen” What do you already know about your customers? Where are your customers (target market) &quot;hanging out&quot;? Fish where the fish are! What are they talking about? What are they sharing?
9. How to “Listen” Build a radar - not simply Google analytics / click throughs &quot;Listen&quot; to understand &quot;Listen&quot; to determine how and where to engage - OR NOT!
10. How to engage with existing social networks How do you expand your reach and influence in existing social networks? Based on the knowledge gained from listening.. you now have a stack of information about where, when and with who - your customers/target audience are interacting with... Now you have to decide how you'd like to contribute and participate in these conversations. NB: Remember - this is a conversation - it's not a direct selling opportunity!
11. Why start a new community, if there's already existing ones? Only creates dilution ... What's involved in your own community? Cost = design + build + time + ongoing costs How to create an online niche community
12. Ongoing Cost = community management eg. a small community requires 25 - 50% FT role What does a community manager do? It depends but.. roles such as: * content writer/editor * design action-oriented activities * moderate member contributions * aggregate information from external sites - perhaps make commentary * make connections - facilitate and integrate * ensure distribution to other existing places * monitor & respond to the radar How to create an online niche community
13. Tips for Implementation
14. <ul><li>Join the Know-How Now Community </li></ul><ul><li>Start a discussion </li></ul><ul><li>Participate </li></ul><ul><li>Network </li></ul>Next Steps
15. <ul><ul><li>Finding Sales a Tough Sell? </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Regardless of the day-to-day role you play in your business, at the end of the day, </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Sales is what determines if you succeed or fail. To build a strong business, you need to build sales. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>29 April – 10.30am AEST </li></ul></ul>Next Know-How Now webinar – Sales Success