Regulatory Update: FDA Perspective
Barbara Schneeman, Ph.D.
Office of Nutrition, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements
• Regulatory Status of salt/sodium
• Nutrition labeling and claims for salt and sodium
• Current activities at FDA regarding salt and
General Labeling Provisions
• FDA’s authority to regulate food labeling is
provided in three laws, as amended:
– Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA)
– Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA)
– Public Health Service Act (PHSA)
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.