Syed Jaffer Ali
Flat # 3, 2nd floor Rajpoot trader Building Bani Gala, Islamabad.
• Hands-on, result-oriented professional equipped with 8 years of computer networks manager success, with re-
cent experience in a senior management role.
• Background includes extensive networking techniques and networks engineering management experience
demonstrate a unique combination and leadership acumen.
• Skilled and knowledgeable in analyzing complex problems and finding innovative solutions. Have strong inter-
personal communication skills. Also responsible, hardworking, proactive, good team player, independent, cus-
tomer and result oriented.
• Experienced to work in multi-site and multi-project environment. Managed multiple teams simultaneously with
a single team size of up to 10 to 15 resources.
• Experienced in gathering application requirements and documentation, developing project plans, managing
and tracking project execution.
• Experienced in communicating with internal departments and senior management, assisting sales with site
visits and product demonstrations, and managing customer expectations.
• Possess a track record of success in generating revenue, meeting project milestones, and developing long-
term relationships with clients.
• Experienced in multi-tier, database-driven, client-server, distributed, GIS (Geographical Information System),
NMS (Network Management Systems).
• Experienced in object-oriented analysis, design and development using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Possess a solid record of fast-track performance-based promotions.
• Client centered with emphasis on high quality and system integrity. Enjoys mentoring and motivating team
• Experienced Analyst and offering services as Network Administrator as a department head, I highly involved in
Network designing, and Server Management
• Adept at Network Management including Network Design and Implementation, Managing Servers in LAN/WAN
environment and Network Administration.
• Practice expertise in Server/LAN/WAN Optimization along with the Network Monitoring and Security.
• An effective communicator with exceptional analytical, technical, negotiation and client relationship manage-
ment skills with the ability to relate to people at any level of business and management and significant experi-
ence working with steering committees and other project managers.
• Line support with excellent communication and customer services skills and user interaction to come up with
the solution which fulfills the user requirement with optimal utilization of resources.
• Always worked in tight deadlines, and complete project in allocated time frame. Keen in research and critically
analyze, propose effective intuitive solutions.
I want to fully utilize my abilities in the field of Computer Networks to deliver the maximum output
in benefit of the organization and transform my capabilities into abilities under minimum supervi-
sion. I always believe that there are always better ways to perform the tasks, so I keep my op-
tions open and flexible to see what the best to suite the situation and desire objectives.
Working on projects which have tight deadlines requires me to prioritise tasks and organise my
time efficiently. This involves meeting clients and discussing the requirement needs, carrying out
feasibility studies and having consistent discussions with the clients in parallel with developing the
I am friendly and bright person with a good sense of humour. I have spent a considerable amount
of time speaking, listening, understanding and getting along with people from a wide range of dif-
ferent backgrounds. I am adaptable, willing to learn new skills and have a strong determination to
I possess excellent communication skills, which I have developed in diverse situations, in meetings
as part of projects and the meeting of clients or senior staff. These skills have also been developed
during my study at the university and through effective retail sales, and at work.
Being a member of a team means having to communicate with others and being on the same
wavelength. Discussing problems and issues that arise at all stages throughout the development
of an application. This is of great benefit allowing each person in the group to divide work accord-
ingly, and then integrating the work carried out by the individuals. This has helped me understand
the importance of teamwork.
Areas of Expertise
- Microsoft Windows - ISA Servers - Microsoft Exchange
- FTP Server - Linux Servers - Domain Management
- DNS Configurations - DHCP Configuration - WINS Configuration
- Full Network Support - Network Security - Configuring Routers
- Configuring Switches - ERP Implementation - Training & Support
- Help Desk Manager
- Server Installations - Directory Services
- Server Optimization - Exchange Server
- Cross Platform Integration - User Management
- Network Analysis and Designing - Network Development
- Network Administration - Network Traffic Monitoring
- Network Security - Routing and Remote Access
Support & Coordination
- Software/Hardware Troubleshooting - Evaluate and Implement Solutions
- Technical Support - Customer Facing and User Support
I have knowledge and experience with the following operating systems, servers, environments:
Operating Systems Servers
Windows NT Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA)
Windows 2000 Advance Server Windows 2000 Advance Server
Windows 2002-2003 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003
Windows XP Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0
Windows 98 Remote Access Server (RAS)
Windows Vista, Windows 7 Windows 2003 Enterprises Server
Operating Systems CentOS,PalmOS, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
Databases MS SQL Server 2000 / 2005, MySQL, PostgreSQL . PostGIS
Software Languages Java (J2SE, J2ME , J2EE), foxPro, Power builder, C or C++
Web Technologies ASP.NET , HTML Studied only.
GIS (Geographical Arc Engine (Arc Objects), ArcGIS 9.2, ArcGIS Server, Arc IMS, Arc Engine, Arc Desktop,
Information Arc Catelog, Arc Info, ArcScan, Arc Network Analyst Extension, Arc Schematics,
Systems) ArcSDE, Open JUMP, MapInfo, GeoTools , UDIG, GeoServer, Grass,JGrass
Servers used HP DL 380 series, Dell Power Edge 1850,1950,2850,2950.
Routers 1800 Series, 2600 series
Version Control VSS 6 / 2005, SVN
Bug Tracker Mantis, test director
Office Environment Microsoft Office,Open Office, Microsoft Project
1 Company name PSG Pisigma Group (ProSol Technologies)
Posotion title Manager SSN
Duaration June 2008-Present
Work Description In the ever-evolving world of Information Technology, Pi Sigma Group
remains at the forefront. An expert in outsourced software development and
IT-enabled services, Founded in 1998 in Rockville, Maryland and now
headquartered in the Virginia Tech Corridor just outside of Washington DC in
Vienna, Virginia, Pi Sigma Group has expanded to meet the needs of its
clients and delivered on its commitments from facilities in Washington DC,
New Jersey, Denmark, and Pakistan. We offer our clients a complete range of
Software Development, Consulting and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
services, including project analysis, strategy and management, application
development, technical implementation, support, voice and chat-based call
centers, back-office processing, and maintenance. Pi Sigma Group is the
complete package of business solutions.
Responsibilities/ Involvements :
- Provide technical support to maintain and optimize day-to-day operational
efficiency at multiple customer sites including:
- General systems administration
- Infrastructure Management
- Network Connectivity
- Troubleshooting of standard applications and hardware
- Report and Documenting
- Telephone/Remote Support
- Provide consultative support to customers
- Research and Develop Solutions for Customers
- Provide technical support for team
- Monitoring, Controlling, Analyzing, and Report customer sites for IT related
2. Company Name PalmChip Pakistan
Position title Network Manager, Manual test Engineer, GIS Officer
Duration Jan 2007 – May 2008
Work Description Founded in 1996, Palmchip Corporation is a privately held venture funded
company headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Palmchip’s offshore arm,
Palmchip Pakistan Pvt. Limited has offices in Lahore and Islamabad. Palmchip
offers outsourced software and hardware design services to its clients in the
US, Europe and worldwide. Palmchip is also a leader in the development and
licensing of Market Specific Standard Platform (MSSP), a System-on-a-Chip
software and hardware technology. More than 30 consumer products on the
market today use our patented CoreFrame® IP Palmchip’s technology in
PDAs, mobile phones, wireless modems, digital cameras, Bluetooth, Digital
Media Adapters, home gateways, smartcards, DVD players, optical
networking equipment, print servers, Network Attached Storage, HDD and
MOM GIS NMS (Manager of Management -Geographic Information
Systems – Network Management System)
– Jan 2007 – Present – Involved in the Deployment of Servers
Configuration such as HpDL380, Dell Power edge 1950 OS (CentOS),
Fedora, Windows 2003 SQL Server 2000, NMS and trouble shoots and
application Unit Testing.
Routers Cisco 1800 Series, 1841.
3. Company Name Smartrix Solutions
Position Title Manager IT
Duration January 2006 – Dec, 2006
Work Description Smartrix is a specialist provider of business-to-business (B2B) solutions.
Through these e-business solutions, Smartrix Solutions is enabling the new
business model of Internet trading for emerging E-economy companies and
As a pioneer within the field of electronic commerce, Smartrix Solutions has
delivered quality-integrated solutions since 1999; Smartrix Solutions supports
the business-to-business solutions of corporate organizations for the Internet
age meeting the requirements of organizations across many industry sectors.
Smartrix Solutions commitment to technical leadership, open standards and
delivering advanced solutions has positioned the company at the forefront of
the industry. Smartrix Solutions is currently working with many leading inter-
national enterprises to meet B2B trading solutions, enterprise application de-
velopment, fully scalable Internet connectivity, hosting services and IT skills
Customer Support (Team Lead) of Matrimonial web Site www.kiran.-
Technical support services providing assistance with computer hardware,
software, or other electronic or mechanical goods. In general, technical
support services attempt to help the user solve specific problems with a
product—rather than providing training, customization, or other support
4. Company Name Standard Hosiery Pvt. Ltd.
Position Title Manager Networks
Duration Jan-2002 to Oct 2005
Work Description Incorporated in 2002 as private limited company, Standard Hosiery (Pvt.) Ltd.
is the socks division of Sardar Group. Group management has set up a state of
the art facility to cater to the growing demand for cotton sport socks. Our pro-
duction facility covers approximately 70,000 sq. feet and employs 400 skilled
workers. Keeping in view the long term success of the Sardar Group, we have
established an international identity and continue to develop a satisfied cus-
tomer base for the socks division. At Sardar Group, professional and satisfied
employees as well as a quality product has been our backbone for success
over the last half century and will be in the future.
Servers Deployment and Security Systems
Deployment, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of active network
gear: switches, routers, firewalls, etc. activities such as network address
assignment, assignment of routing protocols and routing table configuration as
well as configuration of authentication and authorization – directory services.
It often includes maintenance of network facilities in individual machines, such
as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers and such. It
sometimes also includes maintenance of certain network servers: file servers,
VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, etc.
5. worked as third Reviewed systems for adequate management controls, efficiency, and compli-
party IT Auditor at ance with policies, regulations, and accounting principles. Made recommenda-
pepsico tions when necessary. Created flowcharts to document business systems and
processes for IT audit reports. Coordinated with various departments to create
remediation plans for deficiencies found during audit Identified and evaluated
risks during review and analysis of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in-
cluding design, testing/QA, and implementation of systems and upgrades.
Prepared audit scopes, reported findings, and presented recommendations for
improving data integrity and operations. Conducted reviews of data centres,
extranets, telecommunications, and intranets to assess controls and ensure
availability, accuracy, and security under all conditions. Coordinated with IT
department and external auditors during SOX IT testing.
Ensure audit tasks are completed accurately and within established time-
frames. Extensive background in all stages of audits, including planning;
study, evaluation, and testing of controls; reporting; and follow-up.
Acute understanding of networking, hardware, software, and data centres, as
well as emerging technologies, such as biometrics and mobile/handheld de-
DATE OF BIRTH 22nd Feb 1980
AGE 28 years
MARITAL STATUS Married
TOTAL IT EXPERIENCE Around 8 years
EXPERIENCE IN (skill set) 7 years
JOINING TIME 15 – 20 days
CURRENT LOCATION Islamabad, Pakistan
Bachelors in Computer Science University of Central 3.25 (Distinction) 1999-2002
F.Sc Pre Engineering Private 70 % 1996-1998
Matric (Science) Private 68% 1994-1996
• Cisco Certify Network Associate (CCNA) From Corvit Solutions.
• CISCO SMB Training for 2(two) days At Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
GeoTel (A GIS based Outside Plant Asset Management, Monitoring and Fault localization System) -
Palmchip Pvt. Limited
Role: GIS Developer, Solution Architect.
GeoTel is a National ICT Funded product (http://www.ictrdf.org.pk/fp-gofnms.htm) that provides outside plant
asset documentation for copper, fiber optic, cellular, WiMAX and cable networks. It has a network management
module that can act as a Manager of Managers (MoM) or interface with an existing MoM for getting network fault
information. This fault information is made visible on in a GIS context. Network asset information in the GIS can
be synchronized with the configuration information in network management systems. OTDR integration helps
rapidly locate faults in fiber optic networks. GeoTel can facilitate telecom industry to allow operators to stream line
operations, efficiently detect and managing faults, monitor performance, predict demand for a service or using a
GIS based Customer Resource Management system; GeoTel has impact on a very large amount of users. As the
number of users on the operators with GeoTel deployed scales so does its capability to address the needs of
population at large.
Other than that capability of performing complex geo-spatial operations and query on a network data facilitates
statistical, demographic and network analysis, proving a powerful tool for Marketing and Market Segmentation,
evolution of Operations Support System(OSS), Capacity and Capital Planning, Wire-line and Wireless Engineering,
CRM and much more all leading to full Enterprise level Telecom solution.
GeoTel has won the P@SHA (Pakistan Software Houses Association) ICT Award
(http://ciopakistan.com/tag/geotel/), out of thirty (30) nominations of Best of Research & Development
Applications was also selected to represent Pakistan at APICTA (Asia Pacific Information & Communication
Technology Awards) 2008, being held in Jakarta Indonesia on Nov 11-15.
Responsibilities: Project management, planning and tracking execution, Application architecture, analysis and
designing, Project testing, deployment and maintenance; Resource management and training, Demos to potential
Technologies: Java 5.0, ArcGIS (Arc Runtime Engine, Arc Desktop, ArcSDE, Arc Scan, Arc Catalog, ArcIMS, Arc
Scan, Arc Network Analyst and Arc Schematic), Open NMS, SQL Server 2000, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, SVN, Mentis,
Eclipse, MS Office, MS Project, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, CentOS.
Syed Sheheryar Haider