Ps abel mainoane presentation for final year studentsPresentation Transcript
JOY IN THE MINISTRY
Ministry is a call not a profession
What is this call of God?
And how does it come?
How many individuals know that they are called by God?
A true call to the ministry comes from God, not man.
It is divine not human.
God knows how to speak to a man when He calls him.
JOY IN THE MINISTRY
It is a joy to be called a ministry, and to ministry to God's people.
It is a great joy to represent the church of God before the kings and rulers of this world.
It is a joy to travel from place to place preaching the message of good news.
It is a blessing to work for God, His church takes care of its minister by giving allowances which your cannot get in other working places.
5. It is a great joy to work for God because it helps you to depend on God in everything. 6.When God calls a man into the ministry, He gets there, and it does not make any difference how many obstacles may be in his way. 7. It is constituted when one has not come to ministry only to escape from more demanding careers. 8. It is constituted when one has not come to ministry in order to make money. 9. It is constituted when a pastor understands that the call is not the pathway to power.
10. Joy in ministry is brought by understanding that we first have been called to be the children of God then ministers of the flock. “ Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. “ 11.- God,s kingdom is advanced by God's children, not God's employees. -Our best service to him is given when we recognise that we serve our father. -We are part of that kingdom but not the employees.
1. Churches today are looking for leaders not dictators. 2. They do not, however want you to push your agenda to the point of destroying their ability . 3. Remember church members do not care how much you know until they know how much you care. 4. Co-workers in the administration may lack support to the young pastor. 5. Ignorance of church manual and policies may discourage young pastor. Challenges
6. Tranfers are a big challege especially when your spouse is employed. Even to the children is a challege. 7. Church members take advantage of ignorance of young pastor. If you have any other questions, call your district director or president. 8. Learn the language of the people your serving.
Exo 3:9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. Exo 3:10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. Exo 3:11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? Exo 3:12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain. Exo 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Take Moses
Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. Exo 3:16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt: Exo 3:17 And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey. - God called him to the ministry. - Moses tried to get out of it but he got into it. There was no other way.
Jon 1:1 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
Jon 1:2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
Jon 1:3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
Jon 1:17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
Jon 3:3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
Jon 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown .
__ God called him into the ministry.
- He tried to get out of it and keep out of it, but he got into it and he did the work.
Take Jeremiah Jer 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay . - He tried to escape from ministry. - He found himself back to the call because he did not call himself but God called him to ministry
MY FIRST EXPERIENCE IN THE RURAL IN MINISTRY AS A PASTOR
Sent to a place where there was no church at all and expected to establish a church there.
Are prepared for such conditions.
If you happen to be in such a situation what are you going to do?
Are you not going to quit ministry?
Think about it! Pray about it now! Plan it now!.
For one wise man says, ''failing to plan is to plan to fail.”