2. Netiquette<br />Netiquette is the etiquette for the internet, a.k.a the rules of the internet<br />The basic rule of netiquette is to have respect and be well mannered on the internet<br />Some rules I would like to include is don’t use all caps, it can be mistaken as shouting and it is impolite, And to never give your personal info to anyone.<br />Remember in most Chat rooms you have to agree to the terms and conditions, and you have to follow them.<br />
3. Flame Wars<br />
4. E-mail safety <br />Be sure to change your password often, this prevents people from hacking into your account.<br />A lot of spammers use the quote “remember me?” , don’t be fooled by it, ask an adult if they know who it is and if they don’t delete the e-mail.<br />Delete all e-mails from people you don’t know<br />
5. Emoticons<br />A lot of people, to save time and explanation, use emoticons. Emoticons are a selection of symbols on the keyboard that people use to show feelings such as<br />, , :P, :D, and ;)<br />Or they use abbreviations such as<br />TTYL (talk to you later), G2G (got to go), BRB (be right back) and LOL(laugh out loud)<br /><br />
6. How can you be safe on the internet?<br />Be nice to people on the internet. <br />Don’t put any personal thing about you on the internet. <br />Don’t use bad language and don’t break laws. <br />
7. Browsers.<br />Examples: <br />Google and Bing. <br />Browsers search the websites of the topic you type into it. <br />
8. Safety tips. <br />Make sure no one knows your password so people can’t write stuff on your e-mail or other stuff you have. <br />Say nice things not bad because everything you put on the internet can be found again. <br />Only go to safe websites. <br />Don’t talk to strangers. <br />Ask you parents before going on the internet. <br />
9. What is spam?<br />- Spam is the online spread of messages that people would not normally want.<br />
10. Why is spam such a problem?<br />- Spam is a problem because spam can be dangerous and result in viruses when you answer the message.<br />
11. What should you do if you receive spam?<br />- You should get a firewall or a security system that blocks the spam. You could also report the spam. <br />
12. How can a person reduce the amount of spam they receive?<br /><ul><li>Get a firewall or security system.
13. Reduce the amount of unwanted e-mail.
14. Do not post your e-mail account anywhere. </li></li></ul><li>- Describe two things you should do when sending an e-mail<br /><ul><li>Double check that you got the e-mail address right.
15. Make sure you know the person.</li></li></ul><li>What is a mailing list?<br />- A mailing list is a list of people’s email addresses in which they wait to get their mail.<br />