*Make and collect egg shells. This teacher makes at home with the help of friends and parents.
* First make a small hole at top of an egg. Pour out the egg white and yoke out. Clean the inside of the egg shell by pouring water in through the hole of the egg and swishing the water than pouring it out. Sit the egg with the hole down to dry.
*Then once the eggs are dry which will probably take a day or two to dry.
* have the students color them. Using small paint brushes and all different color paint. Have students paint them and put to dry for another day.
In mean time you should brainstorm and reading. How we celebrate Easter Sunday in the United States and other countries. Also you should be making confetti out different color tissue paper. Show students how confetti and what it is use for. Students will make a little just to get the feel of it. Cutting that small could be difficult to the students. Make sure this confetti is in a box where students will latter be able to fit their hands in.
* When the eggs are all painted and confetti is done then have students cut little circles to the side of the egg they will be getting. The circle will be cut out of the tissue paper. This circle will be use to cover the hole once the confetti in put in the painted egg shell.
*The eggs shells are painted the confetti and circles are cut out now is time to put in the confetti.
*Demonstrate how to put the confetti in the egg shell.
* Students then come and put their hands in the box of confetti.
*Student with one hand holding the egg and the other grapping confetti to put in their egg shell.
* Student then goes back to his/her desk and put the cut out circle on to of the hole to secure the confetti from coming out.
*Now the fun begins. Weather permitting you will go outside and hide them.
*Students try to find them depending on the number of eggs per students. I usually have one to three depending on how many made. So tell students how many they need to find and not to tell the other student where the eggs are of the see other eggs.
Once students found the number of eggs then they chase each other to crack the eggs on each others head.
*Then have students clean up the egg shells and any big piece of paper to maintain the area clean.