(1) Why graphical passwords?
Pictures are easy to remember or recognized
(2) Are graphical passwords as secure as text
(3) What are the major design and implementation
Based on hash visualization techniques.
Graphical Passwords Design
Recognition Based Techniques
Recall Based Techniques
(1) Produce a drawing
(2) Repeat a sequence of actions
Attack on Graphical Passwords
(1) Brute force search
(2) Dictionary attacks
* dierent person has dierent choice.
* human have some common selections.
(4) Spy ware
(5) Shoulder surﬁng
(6) Social engineering
Research on Graphical Passwords
(1) Design a new graphical password scheme
* can return a random length text password
(2) Use graphical password in public key
* User generate a big number from graphical
* Convert the big number into a signing private
* Get a certiﬁcate from CA with the generated
* Embed graphical password into application
such as webmail.
* User log on webmail, generate his signing key