Transportation In Ancient China 1 CodyPresentation Transcript
Transportation in Ancient
• The Chinese built ships so they could
get from one part of the coast to
• They began building ships in primeval
• The ships that the ancient Chinese had
evolved into the ships that Christopher
Columbus would use one day.
• About 4,000 to 10,000 years ago,
during the Neolithic Age, the Chinese
began to make canoes and rafts and
travel out to sea.
• Research proved that the ancient
Baiyue people invented the first
This is a picture of a vessel that the ancient Baiyue
people would have built.