1.Calloway said X was called "The Buzz" when he and others performed it in the 1930s.In1955 it was recorded in a performance by Bill Bailey. He performs a tap routine, and atthe end, backslides into the wings. The French mime artist Marcel Marceau used itthroughout his career (from the 1940s through the 1980s), as part of the drama of hismime routines. In Marceaus famous "Walking Against the Wind" routine Marceaupretends to be pushed backwards by a gust of wind.In the 1950s, Dick Van Dyke performed a similar variation of X in his comedy routinecalled "Mailing A Letter On A Windy Corner".ID X
2.In 1965, Luciano X, the oldest of four children, was a 30-year-oldsalesman in Treviso. He saw a market for colourful clothes, and sold ayounger brothers bicycle in order to buy his first second-hand knittingmachine. His initial small collection of sweaters received a positiveresponse in local stores in the veneto region, and soon after he askedhis sister and two younger brothers, Gilberto and Carlo, to join him. In1965, the entity known as the "X Group" was formed.Id X.
3. Francis Nolan is Professor of Phonetics at the University of Cambridge. Nolan’s most famous creation?
Answer : Creator of Parseltongue (Harry Potter)
4.X Yatra begins from A’s temple in Triprayar and ends up at D’sTemple in Payyammal. It is customary to visit the four temples in theorder A,B,C,D respectively. A pilgrimage to these temples on a singleday during the holy month of Karkkidakam believed to showerblessings and ensure prosperity.ID X,A,B,C,D
Answer : X : Nalambalam A : Rama B : Bharata C : Lakshmana D : Shatrughna
5.X Y is sometimes used to refer to a typical male in some contexts. Forexample, the first name listed on a form is often X Y, along with a fictional addressor other fictional information to provide an example of how to fill out the form.The name is also used frequently in popular culture, for example in the FrankCapra film Meet X Y. X Y was also the name of a 2002 American television series.Similarly, a child or baby whose identity is unknown may be referred to as Baby Y.This practice is widely used in the United States and Canada, but is rarely used inother English-speaking countries including the United Kingdom itself, from wherethe use of "X Y" in a legal context originates. The name Joe Bloggs is used in theUK instead.What is X Y ?
6. ‘X’ was given his name because of an unfortunate incident. Before he was born, his parents had three sons and a daughter, with all three boys dying in their infancy. Fearing a curse that targeted male children, young ‘X’ was brought up as a girl for the first few years of his life, including having his nose pierced and being made to wear a nose-ring . It was then that he earned the name ‘X’. After his younger brother was born, they switched to treating him as a boy. ID X
Answer : Nathuram Godse (Nath in Marathi is nose ring)
ROUND 2Your LossMy Gain Cumulative Scoring (n+1)*10 for right answer -5n for wrong answer Where n = No. of teams who’ve passed
1. The band changed their name to X, after a member of the Charles Manson cult (aka the Manson "family") famous for serving as his getaway driver. X is a common Armenian surname, originating from an Arabic/Persian word, meaning a butcher or slaughterer, and an Armenian suffix. ID the band
Answer : Kasabian (Qasab means Slaughter in Arabic)
2. How is this street more popular?(answer is not contained in the cropped part)
Answer : Hollywood Walk of Fame (Vine Street in Hollywood, California)
3. This logo has finally been dropped. ID the logo.
Answer : The Senna-logo tribute from the Williams F1 cars
4. In 1933 André X and his brother Édouard X introduced the first countrywide French restaurant listings and introduced a system for ranking food, later extended to the rest of the world. X reviewers (commonly called "inspectors") are completely anonymous; they do not identify themselves, and their meals and expenses are paid for by the company founded by the X brothers, never by a restaurant being reviewed. The New Yorker article states: X has gone to extraordinary lengths to maintain the anonymity of its inspectors. Many of the company’s top executives have never met an inspector; inspectors themselves are advised not to disclose their line of work, even to their parents; The inspectors write reports that are distilled, in annual meetings at the guide’s various national offices, into the ranking. Id X
5.Griffin talked about the shows origins :My wife Julann just came up with the idea one day when we were in aplane. I was mulling over game show ideas, when she noted that therehad not been a successful "question and answer" game on the air sincethe quiz show scandals. Why not do a switch, and give the answers to thecontestant and let them come up with the question? She fired a coupleof answers to me: "5,280" – and the question of course was "How manyfeet in a mile?". Another was "79 Wistful Vista"; that was Fibber andMollie McGees address. I loved the idea, went straight to NBC with theidea, and they bought it without even looking at a pilot show.Which show??
Answer : Sanjaya Hanuman Barbarika Arjuna The only four people to have heard the Mahabharata from Lord Krishna himself. Back Round 4
• The Adventurer• Singin in the Rain• Cops• Project A• The NotebookConnect!
Answer : Scenes from the movie Barfi! are copied exactly from these movies Back Round 4
‘X’ resides and trains in the north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, on thefoothills of the Himalayas .‘X’ was (in his words), "offered to represent Italy"in 2002, but refused because "I am an Indian and want to contribute to thecountry that I was born in”.ID X
X was born in New York City to a mother of Jewish heritage and his fatherwas an Italian American U.S. Air Force pilot. After he contractedpneumonia at the age of nine months his mother gave him to her auntand uncle for adoption. X did not meet his biological mother again untilhe was 48.Although X was raised in a Reform Jewish home by his adoptive-parents,who attended synagogue regularly, he remained a religious sceptic. Xstates: "While I think I am religious in one sense, the particular dogmas ofJudaism are not dogmas I subscribe to. I dont believe that they are real.Theyre interesting stories. Theyre interesting mythology, and I certainlyrespect people who believe these are literally true, but I dont...I see noevidence for this stuff."
Answer : Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CEO of Oracle) Back Round 4
During World War II, X was largely ignored by the Germans during theBlitz due to the lack of heavy industry such as steelworks orshipbuilding that would have made it a target, although it was stillaffected by the rationing and influx of refugees fleeing London andother cities. It has been claimed that Adolf Hitler gave instructions thatX should not be bombed as he was impressed by its architecture andhad plans for it to be his capital should Germany win World War II.ID X
X is a religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemoratingthe crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. The holiday isobserved during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the________ preceding _______Sunday, and may coincide with the Jewishobservance of Passover.Id X. Theme - 100
X said this about the vehicle Y."I will build a car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family,but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed ofthe best materials, by the best men to be hired, after the simplest designs thatmodern engineering can devise. But it will be so low in price that no manmaking a good salary will be unable to own one – and enjoy with his family theblessing of hours of pleasure in Gods great open spaces.“ID X. Theme - 80
ANSWERS : 1. Good Friday 2. X : Henry Ford ; Y : Ford Model – T 3. The Derringer pistol 4. Daniel Day Lewis letter to Steven Spielberg rejecting the role of Lincoln. 5. John Wilkes Booth 6. Presidents assassinated in office. 7. Extract from the Gettysburg address. Theme : Assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.