2014 Fall Product Program
Girl Scouts of WILDERNESS ROAD
What Can Product Sales Do?
• Supports council programs for girls in
your council area.
• Provides early start up funds for
• Creates educational experience for girls
to learn life skills.
Online Learning Activities
Online learning activities designed to enhance the troop
program activity pieces
Be A Reader Booklet
Goal setting !
Give girls the tools to help them achieve
their personal goals as well as their troop’s
goals. Set a goal for greater success!
Features 6 Girl Scouts
nominated by their
councils who are doing
amazing things in their
Ashdon Farms Activity Poster
Set goals and plan for success
• National girls participating down -7.6%
– GKSWRC UP +.06%
• National per girl nut averages up +6.7%
– GKSWRC per girl averages UP +3.4%
• National nut sales overall down – 2.6%
– GSKWRC overall DOWN -.09%
*Based on statistics from Fall 2013 Ashdon Farms partner Councils
2013 National Nut Statistics*
Participation is Easy!
• Girls can participate ONLINE and IN PERSON
ONLINE – no money to collect, customers pay directly.
IN PERSON – girl collect money for magazine up front but
nut/candy at time of delivery.
15% for in person orders.
18% for online Orders.
$3 shop credit for each
Girl Sales Packets
• People already buy magazines!
• The average family subscribes to 4
magazines a year and spends $125.
• People can support Girl Scouts without
spending any additional funds.
• Magazines appeal to everyone, every
What’s New for 2014
•New nut products and a online
nut store instead of online nut
•Addition of a new product line –
ToRememberThis - personalized
digital photo books and more.
2014 New Product Offerings
• Almond Cran-Orange
• English Butter Toffee
To remember this
•A collection of photo-driven personalized
digital photo books and more.
•Customers upload photos from Facebook,
Instagram, PCs and mobile devices to create
photo books, calendars, cards and other items.
•Runs seamlessly with existing program since
orders are taken just like magazines – paper
order forms or online. No additional work!
•Customers receive email with code or pre-paid
certificates with instructions on how to create
their keepsakes at torememberthis.com.
•Completed products delivered directly to
customers 5 to 7 days after completion at
•Mobile Bookshelf app included with every
Facebook and Twitter
• Post to Facebook newsfeed
• Opportunity to reach broader
network of family and friends
• Any sales directly track to Girl
Scout’s QSP/Nut Online
Program and are reported on
the Girl’s Online Sales Report
PAPER FORM ORDERING
Same form is used to order
magazines and photo
Customers should fill out the
paper order forms.
Money is collected at the
time the order is placed.
White and yellow returned to
Fall Product Manager. Pink
copy stays with customer
• Use for family and friends not contacted through
other parts of the sale.
• Names and addresses not rented or sold.
• Easy to complete
• Have girls bring holiday card list to a troop
meeting and complete booklets during that time.
• A completed booklet consists of 5 unique names and
• Personalize with P.S. note.
• Opportunity for $3 shop credit in troop proceeds for
each completed booklet.
• NEW – Only one mailing sent to customers.
• Supporters will have the option to go online and
order – no processing fee!
Girls can set goals and
personalize their welcome
page with optional photos and
Participants register or login at
http://girlscouts.qspgao.com/wilderness road for online
magazine and online nut store
Sending Emails to Family & Friends
• If participated last year, addresses are preloaded into
• Participants will also have access to an Order History
Report with customer purchases from last year.
• Recipients of the email simply click the link, make their
selection and pay with credit card.
• No processing fees for customers.
• Parents print Girl’s Online Sales Report or email to
troop manager for girls to receive credit for orders
• Troop leaders should identify themselves during the
registration process to receive a detailed report of all
sales for girls in their troop at the end of the
ONLINE NUT STORE
• All emails will contain a link to
shop for nuts online:
• 25 Girl Scout items + 5
corporate gift items
• Customers pay shipping
• Girl’s Online Sales Report will
have a total number of online
nuts and dollars sold.
• Troop manager should enter
this information in Nut-e in the
Online Nuts column.
Shopping is Easy
Emails sent to supporters
will include a link to the
Magazine Store and a link to
the Nut Store
SPREADING THE WORD
• Girls can invite customers to order
online or order with paper order
• Two ways to invite customers to shop
• Make sure girls write their Girl
Online ID that is assigned upon
registration on the business
cards to ensure proper credit. If
they don’t include this number,
they must write first name, last
name and troop number that they
used to register on the online
• Girls distribute “Spread the Word”
business cards to customers who
can go directly online using
Girl’s Online Sales Report
• Proceeds are earned for each order
• Families simply print out or email the Girl’s
Online Sales Report and submit it to the
troop manager along with the paper
orders to receive credit.
• Reminder email with Girl’s Online Sales
Report at the end of the sale.
• Troop leaders can register to receive a detailed
report at the end of the sale with all sales totals for
girls in their troop.
Equal Credit for All Magazine Orders and
Online Nut Promises
ENCOURAGE GIRLS TO ENTER EMAILS FIRST
• Original email sent immediately
– Three reminders will be sent 5
– After ordering, recipients will not
receive reminder emails
• Get emails out first
– Emails are working while girls
are taking orders using the
QSP CUSTOMER SERVICE
Girls use order takers to collect nut
and candy orders.
Money is collected at the time of
Products will be delivered to the
Service Unit Manager and picked up
at the designated time by the troop
Available in online store only!
Available with Caramel Treasures or
$8.00 plus shipping.
2014 GIRL SCOUT TIN
$8.00 $8.00 $7.00
$5.00 $5.00 $5.00 $5.00 $5.00
SALE DATES- 10/1- 10/27$5.00
Support your favorite Girl Scout and the brave men and
women serving in our military. Each $5 donation will be used
to donate a nut item or a magazine subscription to the military.
Supporting Our Military!
Girls Selling 5 Or More Items Will Earn The SHARE Patch!
Collect Girl’s Online Sales Reports from participating girls.
Enter online nuts, magazines and photo keepsakes into Nut-e for
Nut Delivery from November 17-18. Set delivery schedule.
Count nut and chocolate products carefully before signing.
Distribute nut and chocolate products immediately.
If you have specific program questions, refer to your training
materials or call the council office.
ALL RECOGNITIONS ARE CUMULATIVE
5 Military orders
$300 Combined sales.
PLUS SS PATCH
Log in: your SU +
SERVICE UNIT DETAILS PAGE
Be sure to enter delivery station and
recognition delivery information.
Without this address, delivery agent
will be unable to deliver nut and
chocolate products and UPS can’t
No PO Box – physical address only.
TROOP SET UP
• To view troops in the SU, click Troops icon
• Click pencil icon beside the troop you want to view
• Set logins and passwords under “Troop Users”
• Be sure to update leader and troop product manager
• Girl names can be entered into system at any time during the
• Enter the number of girls registered and click save.
• After being added, girls appear in bottom container.
– Enter products sold by each girl
– Photo keepsake items are entered in the magazine columns
and count just like a magazine subscription
– Online nuts are entered as a cumulative total
– Save after entering each girl order and again to confirm
– Save after entering each girl order and save again to confirm
– Only Submit troop order after all girl orders have been
entered by clicking pink button
YOU OTTER STAY ON SCHEDULE
Service Units must check all data
entered and complete their duties by
Troops must have all girl sales data
Paperwork Returned to SU
• If order forms or Address Booklets
are incorrect, return to troop
leaders or fall sale manager for
• Pink copies of order forms remain
• Girl order forms (yellow and white
• Girl’s Online Sales Reports.
• Address Booklets.
participating in all
of the sale
• Tie in how many
it will take to purchase
their troop’s supplies.
Motivate your parents/troop leaders to
Who can participate?
What do we need to check to make sure they are
compliant before selling?
• If troop filled out ACH for Cookies
2014, no need to fill out another ACH
• New troops OR troops that have
changed bank account information
since Cookie Sale 2014 will need to
fill one out.
Troop Product Manager Agreement
• Troops MUST sign and
return at training.
• Explains financial
obligations and gives
council permission to
Parent/guardian must sign
prior to taking orders
Includes information about
Leaders should keep until all
money has been collected
Uncollectible Debt Form
• Leaders should fill this
out on any parent that
• Due on December 8th to
Deadlines for money due?
• Troops will deposit $ weekly/often!
• Checks should be made payable to troop #.
• Girl $ due to leader – December 5th
• UDF’s due – December 8th
• Council sweep out of troop accounts – December
• Sweep includes 100% due to council.
-Less parent UDF’s and troop profit
How well do you know the in’s
and out’s of the sale?
Contact your Membership Specialist OR Product
Click on the HELP Icons
SU & Troop Manuals
Motivate girls to
as a team and
You are the key
to the success of
the Fall Product
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.