7. Education systems track thearchitecture of information of an era
8. To understand what tomorrow’s education system will look like, wehave to understand the architecture of information today: how is it created how is it shared how is it iterated how is it controlled?
9. Our education system faces information that is:OpenAccessibleDistributedScalableSocialNetworkedSelf-organizedAdaptiveGlobalMultimedia-based
10. Understanding the attributes of your core productsThe infrastructure and supporting systemneeded for developing and shipping CDs andrecords is very different from what is needed fordigital music
11. LegacyContexts can change quickly,the physical instantiation of ideas take longer tochange
12. Why do we wear pants?What was the cost of not adopting pants? Turchin, 2012
13. Where are the hats??
15. Robert Krulwich/NPR
16. Electrification of America
17. A network & ecosystem model of change
18. “a thousand threads that lead from thelocomotive to the very beginning of the modernworld” Rosen, 2010
19. The power of an ecosystem
20. October, 2001 Courtesy of Apple
21. April, 2003
22. October, 2005TV shows, music videos(September, 2006, full length movies)
23. January, 2007 Courtesy of Apple
24. Network theory of changeThe integration of services provides the valuefor end users
25. What does this mean to education?
26. Fragmentation of integrated whole
27. When systems are distributed, alternativemodes of integration are needed Stasser-Titus (1985)
28. Challenge then is to create a new integrated whole