1. Εργαστήριο Διαυήμισης και Δημοσίων ΣχέσεωνΤμήμα Επικοινωνίας Μέσων και Πολιτισμού Πάντειο Πανεπιστήμιο Μάθημα:Social Media και Επιχειρηματικότητα
2. “Reality is broken.Game designers can fix it.” - Jane McGonigal
3. Gamificationis the use of game design techniques, game thinking and game mechanicsto enhance non-game contexts andmake them more fun and engaging
4. one of the most important trends in technology by several industry experts a path to mastery and autonomy It can be applied to any industry It can encourage people to perform chores that they ordinarily consider boring creates fun and engaging experiencesconverting users into players
5. If you want to get people to dosomething that they might not otherwise do,make it a social game. But how does games affect people’s lives?“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” - Jane McGonigal
6. Why games can make us feel unique ?Urgent optimismSocial fabricBlissful productivityEpic meaning
7. 5 top Game Dynamics1. achivement (a virtual or physical representation of having accomplished something)2. appointment dynamic (in order to win, one must return at a predefined time to take some action)3. avoidance (the act of inducing player behavior not by giving a reward, but by not instituting a punishment)4. behavioral contrast (how behavior can shift greatly based on changed expectations)5. behavioral momentum (players keep doing what they have been doing)
8. 2 Gamification examples on thedomain of Travel and Tourism
9. AEGEAN AIRLINESAegean airlines are offering a Frequent Flyer Program (FFP).The FFP is called Miles & Bonus and is one of the most successful FFPs. Airline customers enrolled in the program are collecting frequent flyer miles (kilometers, points, segments) corresponding to the distance flown on that airline or its partners. The members can win: free tickets, free car rental, class updates, priority in booking,etc. Due to the collaboration of Aegean airlines with Lufthansa, members of Lufthansas frequent flyer program can normally collect their miles. In recent years, miles were also awarded for using co-branded credit and debit cards. Aegean airlines offers a credit card called “Aegean Bonus Visa” that is a collaboration with Alpha Bank.
10. Whaiwhaistart in 2008 on Italy’s well-trodden touristtrack with the motto “Story is whatmatters, Game is what triggers”.The new app Whaiwhai aims to help travelersget the most out of a short travel experienceby leading them through secret spots and localstories with a large helping of gamification.
11. Rules1. Send a text message to the number you’ll find in the guide.2. You’ll receive a code via text. This code will allow you to read the first story.3. Read the story and go to the place described in it.4. As you’re walking to the place, you’ll receive a text containing an enigma.5. Send your answer via text message. Your adventure will continue until you solve the last mystery.6. Each game experience lets you read about 6 stories and see 6 locations.
12. Whaiwhai encourage travelers to build a closerconnection with the world without getting toomuch in the way.