1. Breakout #4 Michigan Street Corridor Bicycle Boulevard Lucy Gibson, P.E., Smart Mobility Jay Steffen, City of Grand Rapids Piotr Lewak, City of Grand Rapids Brad Strader, LSL PlanningMichigan Street Corridor PlanCommunity Forum #4October 29, 2012
2. Why Bicycles? They take less space than cars They are good for business They are cheap They can be faster!
3. What and How Should We Build? Bicycle Network Design First Principles Design for the “60%”
4. If You Build It They Will Ride (Bicycles)
5. Bicycle Networks The City of Grand Rapids Sustainability Plan Calls For Increasing Our Urban Bicycle Network to 100 Total Miles by 2014 A Bicycle Network Must Be Built Incrementally in Pieces.
6. Pieces of a Bicycle Network:Buffered Bicycle Lanes
7. Pieces of a Bicycle Network:Cycle Tracks
8. Pieces of a Bicycle Network:Shared Lanes
9. Pieces of a Bicycle Network:Shared Space
13. Thank you! Lucy Gibson Jay Steffen firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.comPlease fill out a short feedback survey on the back of your forum agenda and leave it in the box at the front of the room.Take some time in the central atrium area to explore the other sessions. Parking & bus passes will be available at the name tag table.