Here you can see the main equipment for the Kelly drilling. First the Kelly bar with the mast and the rotary drive on the left side. On the right side there are some pictures of different tools for removing the spoil which are attached to the kelly bar. Depending on the soil conditions augers, buckets or core barrels are chosen.
First of all, there are the Bored or Driven Piles for foundation piles or retaining structures. In the next chapter we will talk in more details about piling works.
I don‘t know how many different method for the pile installation and how many different piles itself exist. But for sure this list can be continued for quite a lot of pages. We will limit the presentation to our standard bored piles. Generally we are offering to products for the piling works. First is the Rotary Drilling with Kelly and Second the Rotary Drilling using continuos flight auger. But what does this mean?
Also the pile installation has to be adopted to the soil conditions.
Here I have to tell a story: In the year 1958 Bauer had to construct a tied back retaining wall on a site in Munich. At that time anchors were installed in a completely different way then nowadays. First shafts had to be drilled behind the proposed line of the wall and excavated about ten meters deep. Then the anchors were drilled and finally fixed from the inside of the wall. Unfortunately on that site the crew missed the shafts when drilling the anchors. But the real problem started when the tried to withdraw the drill rods. This attempt failed and the forces to pull out the rods would have been even bigger then the required forces for the retaining wall. And by chance a new method was born - if the forces are so big, why not anchor the wall by leaving the drill rods in the ground. This was the beginning of the grouted anchor. Today the installation of grouted anchors is quite easy and not more than a standard procedure.
Ground improvement by the injection of bentonite cement slurry or chemical solutions is only efficient in granular soils and used for sealing systems. In our overseas department we are mainly offering grout curtains for the constructions of pits or dams to improve the permeability of rock. In the last years this field became more and more important.
1. Maschinen Bau Resources passion for progress
2. BAUER Group Services, equipment & products dealing with ground and groundwater <ul><ul><li>Target ~ 42 % of total Group revenues </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Global provider for specialist foundation engineering and related construction services such as structure remediation and bridge building </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Focus on complex, international projects </li></ul></ul>Resources Construction Equipment <ul><ul><li>Target ~ 42 % of total Group revenues </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Market leader in specialist foundation equipment </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>85 % of revenues from sales abroad </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Multi-branding strategy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Target ~ 16 % of total Group revenues </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Third segment, installed in second quarter 2007 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Activities in the field of environmental services, mining, geothermal energy, well drilling and well engineering materials </li></ul></ul>
4. Longstanding healthy business development Total Group revenues 1980 - 2008 43% in EUR million Note: 1980 – 2002 based on HGB figures, from 2003 based on IFRS figures; figures after deducting Other/Eliminations/Consolidations compound annual growth rate ~ 9.5 %
5. Total Group revenues 1.527 million € Domestic / Overseas - FY 2008 in EUR million Domestic 379 (332 27 %*) BAUER AG - Group in EUR million Overseas 1.148 (876 73 %*) * = prior year
6. Total Group revenues 1.527 million € Breakdown by segments FY 2008 BAUER AG - Group in EUR million Construction Domestic 98 ( 98 8 %*) Construction Overseas 485 (331 27 %*) * = prior year Equipment Construction Domestic Constructions Overseas in EUR million Special Construction 100 ( 80 7 %*) Equipment 713 (592 49 %*) Resources 131 (107 9 %*) Special Construction Resources
7. Total Group revenues 1.527 million € (1.208*) geographical breakdown - FY 2008 BAUER AG - Group in EUR million Germany 380 (332 - 27%*) EU (w/o Germany) 306 (230 - 19%*) Europe other 140 ( 72 - 6%*) * = prior year in EUR million Middle East 236 (212 - 18%*) Far East 173 (135 - 11%*) America 181 (157 - 13%*) Other 111 ( 70 - 6%*) America Middle East Far East EU excl. Germany) Other Germany Europe other
9. Overseas Division Subsidiaries USA Tanzania Thailand Malaysia Indonesia Singapore Hong Kong Philippines France UAE Saudi-Arabia Egypt Lebanon Austria Poland Hungary Romania Spain Iran Kuwait Switzerland Ireland Bulgaria Ukraine Netherlands Czech Rep. Slovakia Sudan Russia New Zealand Qatar Guatemala Slovenia Chile Argentina Iraq India Germany Latvia Libya Canada Australia Vietnam Nigeria Pakistan Angola England Algeria South Africa Turkey Djibouti Italy Serbia Panamá
10. BST - Strategy Development of Regional Networks Panamá
13. Bucket Rock auger Core barrel Rock auger Bucket Casing Shoe Equipment Technology, Methodology Rotary Drilling with Kelly - Equipment
14. Piling Continuos Flight Auger System
15. Piles Rotary Drilling with Kelly Rotary Drilling using continuos flight auger
16. Uncased Drilling Method- Hole supported by hydrostatic pressure Installation of the temporary casing with the rotary drive of the drill rig Excavation of the soil with the drill bucket, stabilisation of the borehole with slurry ( bentonite or polymere ) Cleaning the slurry with the desander Installation of the reinforcement cage by the auxiliary winch of the drill rig Pouring the con- crete into the bore- hole through the tremie pipe. Remove slurry by pumping back to the tank Remove temporary casing with the rotary drive of the drill rig
17. Fully Cased Drilling with Oscillator Drill and push the casings into the ground with the rotary drive (and attached oscillator) Drill with the rotary tools: bucket, auger or core barrel. Stabilised the wall of the bore with the casing Install reinforcement cage with the auxiliary winch of the drill rig into the bore stabilised by the casings Pour concrete through the tremie pipe into the cased borehole Extract the casing with the rotary drive during concreting (with the os- cillator)
18. <ul><li>Oscillator attached to the drill rig : </li></ul><ul><li>hydraulic power supply from the base machine of </li></ul><ul><li>the rig </li></ul><ul><li>the oscillator is locked to the undercarriage of the </li></ul><ul><li>rig. During installation of the casing the total weight </li></ul><ul><li>of the rig acts as a reaction mass which improves </li></ul><ul><li>the pushing force. </li></ul>Fully Cased Drilling with Oscillator
19. Rotary drilling using Flight Auger - Equipment
20. Drilling with Continuous Flight Auger (CFA) Beton Drilling with CFA auger. Soil is continuously transported from the tip of the auger upwards by the flights. The borehole is stabilised by the auger filled with soil. After reaching the final depth the auger is withdrawn and concrete is pumped through the hollow stem with the concrete pump. Remove the excavated soil with a hydrau- lic excavator. Push or vibrate the reinforce- ment cage into the freshly poured pile.
23. Ductile Driven Pile System Pipe joint, comprising conical socket and spigot Head plate fixed to the pile head The driving shoe ensures that cobbles and other small obstructions are displaced or crushed when necessary during driving
24. Ductile Driven Pile System Skin friction pile: Cement grout is pumped through the ductile pipe during pile driving and injected continuously through the driving shoe. Excavated grouted section of a skin friction pile: BAUER ductile pile foundation immediately adjacent to an existing building
25. Ductile Driven Pile System Advantages over other Foundation Techniques · Short installation period · Simple site set-up · Minimal requirements with regard to working platform and access · No additional site traffic due to suppliers · No drill spoil · Minimal wastage due to adaptability of ductile pipes · No work required on pile head, piles are immediately cut back to their exact cut-off level with a disc cutter · Very low wear and tear on equipment Ductile piles being installed in the Hotel Summit Golf & Resort in Panamá
26. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Dos Mares Project Data: Owner: GDF Suez Client: Norberto Odebrecht BAUER‘s Scope of Works: Tangent Pile wall ⱷ 1.82m : 984 m Intermittent pile wall ⱷ 0.91m: 170 m Foundation piles ⱷ 0.61m: 180 m Active Anchors: 1692 m Passive Anchors 18180 m Shotcrete : 1316 m3 soil: Sand rock Techniques: Drilling with Kelly bar- 2 No.BG 28 and drilling rig KLEM for the anchors . For the soil nails 4 No. Small drilling rigs
27. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Dos Mares
28. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Dos Mares
29. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Dos Mares
30. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Dos Mares
31. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Baitún- Bajo de Mina
32. Reference Projects in Panamá Hydroelectric Bajo de Mina
33. Reference Projects in Panamá Puente Río Cochea BAUER‘s Scope of Works: Owner: GDFSuez 24 piles ⱷ 1.37m , max depth: 20m Client: Odebrecht
34. Reference Projects in Panamá Corredor Duarte- República Dominicana Owner: OPRET BAUER‘s Scope of Works: Client: Norberto Odebrecht 108 piles ⱷ 1.37m , max depth: 30m
35. Reference Projects in Panamá Puerto Balboa
36. Reference Projects in Panamá Puerto Balboa
37. Reference Projects in Panamá Puerto Cruceros Colón 2000