2. • Make sure you are targeting the right words• The manufacturer isnt always right…• Need more content than product links• Goal should be 1 page a day for most eTailers – Internal Blogs – How To’s – Buyers Guides• Mine your site search• WRITE UNIQUE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS!!!
3. • Good design is key…• Important for both SEO and conversion• Create a dynamic method for page titles/meta tags• Follow Web standards – Headline text in <h> tags aka your product and category names – Paragraphs in <p> tags – Bold and Italics <strong> and <em> – Lists in <ol> and <ul> tags• Every page is not one size fits all• Float that layout - Put your content before the nav• Be wary of Viewstate and other tech blunders
5. • Don’t bury your directories – http://www.favorfavor.com/page/FF/CTGY/BabyItems• Have great URL conventions – http://www.favorfavor.com/c-1-Baby-Items.aspx• Descriptive internal links• Beware of Spider Traps• Filtered navigation• Follow or NoFollow… That is the question• No session ID’s – http://www.yourstore.com/products/pid=123&sid=123123@2 34234234
6. • Create & register dynamic XML sitemaps• Link building strategies – Directory submissions – External blogs – Mini sites – Social media (Facebook/Twitter/and more) – Online PR• Discontinued products – 404/301/etc?• Be sure to use your robots.txt – Cart Pages – Search Results Pages
7. Please feel free to email or grab me anytime during the conference with questions! Ethan Giffin | CEO, Groove Commerce email@example.com