The norms of appropriate, responsible behavior with regard to technology use.
When one participates in electronic society.
Most of digital access is through the internet and social media websites
To do digital access one must share things or make things over the internet
The use of electronics in order to buy and sell goods.
A large amount of economic transactions occur
Digital commerce makes it easy for people to
say they are someone else
It’s important to buy from someone who has a
The electronic transmission that is encoded digitally.
We all use/see digital communication in our lives today.
Ways of digital communication:
Social Medias are a main use of digital communication
Any type of communication on the internet IS digital communication
Digital communication is also used in graphic design, entertainment,
movies, and artistic productions.
The process of teaching and learning about technology and
the use of technology.
Technology is constantly changing
Being able to adapt with tech will give you an edge
The world is constantly adding new technology in daily
life and business
Its also everything you have learned in this class (or
How people act online, that is
Different from offline behavior.
People acting tough online
People being rude because they are using a fake username
People Bullying online because they think it is not bad
Everyone acts differently online
You might now realise that you are being different
You might get in serious trouble because of what you are doing online
Digital Law is your electronic responsibility for actions and deeds.
It deals with ethics of technology within a society
People need to understand that stealing or causing damage to peoples work, identity, or
property online is a crime
There are laws that people need to understand when online, this applies to anyone that
does something online
○ Downloading illegal music
○ getting others information through hacking
○ creating destructive worms, viruses or Trojan horses
○ sending spam
○ and stealing anyones identity
Digital Rights and Responsibilities
Explains legalities of digital use.
rights of citizens on the internet includes of privacy, free speech, etc.
are on the internet.
As everyone knows with rights comes responsibility
○ The responsibility of digital citizens is the controlling of what the
rights include and the norms along with appropriate uses of the
○ The rights of internet use matter just as much as basic rights of
humanity because we live in a digital age
Digital Health & Wellness
Branch of digital citizenship that focuses on using technology safely and appropriately.
Problems associated with digital health and wellness:
○ cyber-relationship addiction
○ cybersexual addiction
○ net compulsions
○ information overload
○ do not give out personal info
○ don’t agree to meet anyone
poor ergonomics(physical use)
○ sit up straight and not for too long
○ maintain distance from screen
Electronic precautions to guarantee safety.
Ex: As responsible citizens we must protect our information from outside forces that might
cause disruption or harm.
○ Make sure you keep all accounts private
○ Don’t talk/meet up to people that you don’t know
○ Anti-Virus software to help prevent, and detect
computer viruses and hijackers
Backups of Data
○ Keep all data backed up
○ Don’t lose all your data because of one mistake
Surge control of Equipment
○ Appliances designed to protect electrical devices from voltage spikes
● 93% of teens go online
● 27% of teens play games with people they don’t know
● On average a teen receives and sends 1,500 texts per
● 97% of teens play a video game
● 500 million people use Facebook
● 646 million Twitter users
● 30% of a persons day is spent on an electronic device
What this means...
Twitter or Facebook● who has one, who does not...self
Sources for Research
"Digital Citizenship." digitalcitizenship. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Mar. 2014. <http://digitalcitizenship.net/Home_Page.html>.
"Digital Citizenship." :: Cable in the Classroom. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Mar. 2014. <http://www.ciconline.org/DigitalCitizenship>.
"Digital Citizenship - Main Page." Digital Citizenship - Main Page. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 Mar. 2014. <http://www.nisd.net/digitalcitizen/>.
"Digital citizen." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 23 Feb. 2014. Web. 3 Mar. 2014. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_citizen>.
"What does digital citizenship mean to you?." What Does Digital Citizenship Mean to You?. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Mar. 2014. <http://www.microsoft.