He had a doctorate in political science and after considering a military career decided to go racing in 1932. He was the 1st ever Formula 1 World Champion after winning 3 of the 7 races of the season racing for Alfa Romeo where he was partnering the great Juan Fangio. He later shifted to Ferrari where he was outdone by his younger teammate Alberto Ascari. He was a very aggressive driver and was involved in the fatal accidents of Marcel Lehoux in 1936 & Laszlo Hartmann at Tripoli in 1938. He retired from F1 after a failed comeback in 1955. He met his death on an Alpine road near between Geneva and Chambery while on his way to watch the 1966 French Grand Prix. Id 1
2. His career began as a teenager, working as a mail boy at 20th Century Fox. Later he moved to London and worked as an uncredited co-writer for the film The Spy Who Loved Me. In 1980, he co-wrote and directed The Blues Brothers, which at $30 Million was one of the most expensive movies of that time. In 1981 he wrote and directed another cult-status movie, the comedy-horror An American Werewolf in London. Now just tell us his most famous production.
John Landis – He Directed Michael Jackson’s Thriller & Black & White
3. He was an American statesman, who served as Secretary of War, Governor-General of the Philippines, and Secretary of State. He is best known as the civilian Secretary of War during World War II. He was in overall charge of the Manhattan Project and is said to have saved Kyoto from being a target for a nuclear attack since he had known and admired it ever since his Honeymoon there several decades earlier.
4. He was a relative of Nehru and was in overall charge of the Indian Army operations during the 1962 China War. He is known to have made many goof ups which resulted in the heavy Indian defeat in the War. He was the chief executioner of Nehru’s ill conceived “Forward Policy” which is said to have precipitated the War. In the aftermath of the War he had to resign from his position along with Defence Minister VK Krishna Menon. Who?
On the Left is Saturn Devouring His Son by Spanish artist Francisco Goya. It depicts the Greek myth of Cronus (in the title Romanised to Saturn), who, fearing that his children would overthrow him, ate each one upon their birth. It is one of the series of Black Paintings that Goya painted directly onto the walls of his house sometime between 1819 and 1823. After Goya's death the work was transferred to canvas, and now resides in the Museo del Prado in Madrid. On the Right is a painting by the same name by Peter Paul Rubens in 1636
6. Name the elite Israeli Special Forces unit of the IDF - Israeli Defence Force which successfully rescued hostages during Operation Thunderball/Entebbe in Uganda? Notable former members include – Current PM Benjamin Netanyahu, Former PM Ehud Barak, Yoni Netanyahu Daniel Lewin, founder of Akamai Technologies
7. Local engineer Heitor da Silva Costa was the designer; it was sculpted by French sculptor Paul Landowski. A group of engineers and technicians studied his submissions and it was decided to use reinforced concrete instead of steel, more suitable for the cross-shaped structure. The outer layers are soapstone, chosen for its enduring qualities and ease of use. Construction took nine years, from 1922 to 1931. It was meant to be lit by a battery of floodlights triggered remotely by shortwave radio pioneer Guglielmo Marconi, stationed 5,700 miles (9,200 km) away in Rome, but poor weather affected the signal and it had to be lit by workers locally. Id teh structure
8. ______________often is used as a metonym for the United States Department of State, whose Harry S Truman Building headquarters is in the neighborhood. The main campus of The George Washington University also is in there, as are the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; Friendship Lodge Odd Fellows Hall; and the infamous Watergate complex, site of the Watergate burglaries which led to President Richard Nixon's resignation. Just on the edge of it are the US Dept of the Interior, the gigantic World Bank office building, the Office of Personnel Management, Constitution Hall, the American Red Cross HQ, the Federal Reserve Board, the Pan American Health Organization, and the Organization of American States.
9. He got his M.B.B.S from Madras Medical college and practiced as a GP for a while. He also has a Master’s degree in Western classical music, which he acquired at the California Institute of the Arts. He composed Music for "Salaam Bombay" & "Mississippi Masala". He also performed in Bertolucci's "Little Buddha" and "Cotton Mary" of Merchant - Ivory productions.