• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Types Of Bamboo
 

Types Of Bamboo

on

  • 14,313 views

Types of Bamboo

Types of Bamboo

Statistics

Views

Total Views
14,313
Views on SlideShare
14,162
Embed Views
151

Actions

Likes
4
Downloads
0
Comments
0

7 Embeds 151

http://www.bamboohouseindia.org 109
http://bamboohouseindia.org 26
http://www.slideshare.net 12
http://a0.twimg.com 1
http://www.linkedin.com 1
https://twitter.com 1
http://ergarcias.blogspot.com.ar 1
More...

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    Types Of Bamboo Types Of Bamboo Presentation Transcript

    • Types of Bamboo
    • There are two types of bamboo in the world with approximately 1500 species
      • Bamboo can be differentiated under two categories
      • Sympodial Bamboo
      • Monopodial Bamboo
    • Pattern of Clumps can also vary in case of Sympodial bamboo where bamboo culms within a clump can be closely spaced (Bambusa bambos) or loosely spread out (Bambusa vulgaris)
    • Colder Climate Countries (China & Japan) host Monopodial bamboo, also known as Runner bamboo, as it sends long underground Rhizomes, individual shoots come out of these underground Rhizomes.
    • Sympodial bamboo grows faster, produce higher yield and can become fully rejuvenated within few years of harvesting.
    • Sympodial bamboo grows in clumps, outer layers of the clumps contain younger bamboos and the inner layers contains mature bamboo.
    • Monopodial bamboos can be easily segregated by maturity period, harvesting is much simpler, vice versa in case of Sypodial bamboo.
    • 9607 9109 Total 3170 3006 Monopodial Bamboo 6437 6103 Sympodial Bamboo Year 2005 ( in ‘000 hectares) Year 2000 ( in ‘000 hectares) Bamboo in Forest Land (India)
    • In India, Sympodial bamboo constitute over 67% of the total growing stock and Monopodial bamboo constitutes the remaining 33%.
    • 5 Bambusa tulda 6 All other species 4 Bambusa Pallida 7 Dendrocalamus hamiltonii 13 Bambusa bambos 67 Dendrocalamus Strictus % growing Stock In forest land Sympodial Bamboo in Species in India
    • Melacona baccifera, is a non clump forming Sympodial bamboo, with long spread out neck leading to spread out culms, accounting for 20% of bamboo growing stock in the country.
    • Thank You www.bamboohouseindia.org www.greenlivelihoods.org Hyderabad India