Emergency Response Plan Presentation AQS Presentation
Everyone in a Factory premise – workers, staff and visitors – must take appropriate and deliberate action when an emergency strikes, a portion of the factory, or the entire factory.
Careful planning, with an emphasis on safety, can help the factory handle crises and emergencies with suitable responses, and may save lives.
Supervisors are responsible for ensuring all employees are familiar with and will follow this emergency plan.
Follow these important steps when there is an emergency:
• Confirm and evaluate conditions.
• Report the incident immediately.
• Follow instructions from emergency staff precisely.
• Follow this emergency response plan.
• Issue clear and consistent emergency notifications. Use all available communication tools.
• If there is no power and/or telephone systems are not functioning, emergency communications will be profoundly restricted and the food company will use messengers, radios and cellular phones.
The primary goals of the food company in Emergency Management Plan are:
• To protect lives, intellectual property and facilities.
• To prevent or minimize the impact of emergencies and to maximize the effectiveness of the factory community in responding to inevitable occurrences.
• To provide for the continuity of factory operations in pursuit of the food company’s mission of producing and selling, food products of the highest quality.
Emergency Response Process Flow Security notified via calling Safety Officer, Safety Officer dispatched to scene Level One Level Two GM directs response GM directs initial response, notifies Administration and Finance Administration and Finance manages response, contacts secondary responders as necessary. Recovery Operations Return to Normal Operations Safety Officer manages site and reports to GM Assess the response required Emergency Occurs
The alarm system, public address system, or direct supervisory contact can be used to notify employees of emergency situations in the facility.
The Food Company Emergency Contacts: S.No. Name Designation Mobile 1 GM 2 Safety Officer 3 Plant Manager 4 Store Manager 5 Emergency Driver 6 Finance & Accounts Manager 7 HR and Admin Manager
After the senior manager on the scene determines that evacuation is necessary, the evacuation alarm will be sounded, with instructions issued over the public address system. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
To All Supervisors
· Lead employees from work areas when the evacuation alarm sounds;
· Assist any employees with disabilities;
· Escort employees to (Designated Assembly Area);
· Account for all employees upon reaching the designated assembly area;
· Notify human resources of any employee not accounted for;
· Ensure that employees stay in the assembly area.
No employee shall fight a fire that is beyond the incipient stage (able to be put out with a fire extinguisher), enter if the building is on fire to conduct search and rescue, or provide advanced medical care and treatment. These situations must be left to emergency services professionals, who have the necessary training, equipment and experience.