The Purpose of this controlled task is to prepare you in thinking and achieving the
Preparation or next years summer exams (25marks) (See questions below)
Evaluation Questions G324 (20 Marks)
1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real
2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?
4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning
and evaluation stages?
Planning & Construction Marks (Out of 60)
All group members will be awarded an individual mark as to the quality of their
contribution. This essay will give your teacher some insight into the depth of your
knowledge and understanding at this point.
Research Carried Out You’ve Carried Out So Far!!
1. Analysis of similar music videos
For higher marks, remember the expectation is that you will make references to terms and
headings used by Goodwin.
2. Audience Research
Where possible use direct quotes and/or numerical findings i.e. 3/5 or 60%
3. Marketing & Institutional Research
For those of you who have started research on digipaks or official fan websites, feel free to
share with the examiner how what you/group have found out is shaping your plans.
Controlled Assessment Questions
• Q1: How and to what extent have the outcomes of your research findings influenced (impacted)
on your initial creative thoughts and specific planning decisions? (20marks)
• Q2: So far how useful has the use of new media technologies been in carrying out and
present research findings as well as plan your ideas?