1. FONDATION MARKETING – MARKETING STICHTING – May, 7
50 RECOMMENDATION FOR A BETTER
APPROACH OF THE ENTERPRISE MARKET
How to Triple your growth?
2. About Keytrade Bank
Founded in 1997 as the first 100% online bank in Belgium
Today, subsidiary of Groupe Crédit Agricole
Present in Belgium, Luxemburg and Switzerland
90.000 clients on the Belgian market
1 Billion in cash deposits + 2 Billion in customers’ assets
Aggressive growth !
3. Revolution as a source of Growth! : 4 cases
1. « Castro »: Differentiate your offer
2. « MGM » :Your customer is your
3. « Humo » : first-time-ever used channel
4. « e-learning » : Finance is fun!
4. Case1. Castro or the Revolution in
5. Internet Banking .3 questions on servicing
« Substitute » versus « add-on » ?
Do I still need to go to the branch?
Is my money really agile ?
4 services 1 Positionning
Discount Client Tools
Optimises the return of your
7. « Optimising » means .
Low transaction Cost
Diversification through Large choice of
Instruments to cover your positions
8. Low transaction Cost or get even paid for every transaction!
9. A coherent approach
10. Case 2: MEMBER GET MEMBER
11. Rationale for MGM (Members Get Members)
Starting point : a very high customer
satisfaction (according to a competitor’s
Your customer is your best ambassador
Prospects’ profile = customers’ profile =
friends of your customers
MGM = a catalyst
12. How it worked?
Activation of Keytrade Bank customers
through 2 channels:
* Banner in your private account
* E-mail sent to Keytrade Bank
All the trafic was driven to a micro-
website where you could send a
message to your friends
13. P.R. 2.0 approach
Press release on early results
Generated media coverage (La Dernière
Heure, De Morgen) + Buzz
The volume of search on “Keytrade
Bank” also increased on Google
The “word of mouth” also included
Google Adwords purchases from
Keytrade Bank customers searching for
people to sponsor
14. Results MGM v1
2.258 customers invited 9.157 friends
1.715 new customers acquired by
= conversion rate of 18,6%
= + 243% above initial expectations !
Only 6% of them quot;took the money and
Total acquisition cost of each new
customer : 54 euro
15. Case 3: HUMO
16. Latest Campaign: Keytrade + Humo
17. Case 4:
18. Starting Point: Lack of financial education ..
19. Video Cast: Objectives
Educate! Educate! Educate!
Video=substitute to physical presence
Made ‘in house’ = Credibility
Multiple channel: Web but also ipod,
phone, any device!
20. Already 5 subjects availabe
Who is Keytrade Bank?
How to place a trade?
Which Stock Markets?
21. Video Cast: Results
Voted most innovative initiative on itunes
22. The next 5 subjects
What is a CFD?
What is Technical Analysis?
23. Impact : Growth and market Share
24. New Clients
25. General Conclusion: in 2008 .
Keytrade Bank’s Growth Rate more than
Our Marketing plan can be seen as a stock
Internet Banking in general is definitely a
credible alternative in crisis time
New ways of doing business have rapid
26. General Conclusion: in 2009 .
Expect Volatility on financial markets and
within the industry!
Clients will “shop” more than ever but
without destroying relationship
Regulation will impose new ways to
structure business and activities, if not, the
client will .