1. Equivalent, Simplifyingand Comparing Fractions By : YuHan
2. Equivalent Fractions 1Equivalent Fractions are 2 fractions that havethe same value but a different Numerator andDenominator.
3. Simplifying Fractions 1T Simplify Multiplication Fraction Problem : oYou can simplify a multiplication problem whenthe ﬁrst fractions numerator is a multiple of thesecond fractions denominator. You can alsosimplify the second fractions numerator with theﬁrst fractions denominator.
4. Simplifying Fractions 2Simplifying a Division Fraction Problem :You can simplify a division fraction problem bydoing the exact same steps as simplifying aMultiplication Fraction problem. But you have toﬂip the second fractions numerator anddenominator around before you simplify.
5. Comparing Fractions 1Fractions with the same denominator is called aLike Fraction and fractions with differentdenominator is called a Unlike Fraction. T see owhich like fractions is greater, the fraction withthe greater numerator is bigger.
6. Comparing Fractions 2T calculate which fractions with the same onumerator is bigger, you will have to see whichdenominator is smaller. The smaller thedenominator, the less parts the fraction has,making the numerator bigger. In a simpler form,The smaller the denominator, the larger thefraction is.
7. Comparing Fractions 3How do you see which fraction is bigger whenthey both have a different denominator and anumerator? One of the ways is to ﬁrst ﬁnd thelowest common denominator of both thefractions and multiply the numerator by howmuch you multiplied to get the denominatorbelow. After you do those steps on both the -
8. Comparing Fractions 4fractions, do the steps on the ComparingFractions 1 Slide to know which fraction isgreater.