3. Why Collaboration? Your agency’s Open Government Plan should explain in detail how your agency will improve COLLABORATION , including steps the agency will take to revise its current practices to further cooperation with other Federal and non-Federal governmental agencies, the public, and non-profit and private entities in fulfilling the agency’s core mission activities. The specific details should include proposed changes to internal management and administrative policies to improve collaboration.
4. It’s Not New Shared Drive Focus Groups Email Intranet Listservs Events Directories Information Sharing Working Groups Knowledge Management
5. How It’s Different Rise of Social Technologies Cultural and Generational Change Rise of mobile Rise of broadband Rise of video Dynamic not Static New consumer use cases - Facebook, Amazon Reviews, American Idol, Twitter, Skype, Banks
6. Open Gov Directive
7. OpenGov Collaboration Engage with State/Local stakeholders Internal Departmental and Agency Organized working groups on issues Get Feedback from public Create Knowledge repositories Solicit New Ideas Internally/Externally Find relevant experts and stakeholders Launch Focus groups
9. 9 Rules for OpenGov Collaboration Lessons from The GovLoop Playbook
10. RULE 1 <ul><li>Problem: </li></ul>Identify What is the problem you want to solve ? Millions of government employees working on similar issues but no safe place to connect and share best practices.
11. RULE 2 Enlistment Where is the target audience?
12. RULE 3 Engagement How do we get them to connect?
13. RULE 4 Empowerment How do we get them to own it?
14. RULE 5 Energy How do we keep them energized?
15. RULE 6 Enforcement How do we get them to… ?
16. RULE 7 Enhancement How do we keep them coming back?
17. RULE 8 WTF ?! ? W here’s T he F un?
18. RULE 9 WIIFY ?!? W hat’s I n I t F or Y ou?
19. Here to Help <ul><li>Places/Help on G2G Collaboration </li></ul><ul><li>Share/Replicate Best Practices </li></ul><ul><li>Honor/Highlight Public Service </li></ul>
20. Topics? <ul><li>Food Safety </li></ul><ul><li>Emergency Management </li></ul><ul><li>Environmental Issues </li></ul><ul><li>Gov’t Recruitment </li></ul><ul><li>Public Health Outreach </li></ul>6. Grants and Grantees 7. Research 8. Transportation 9. Procurement 10. ??? Tell Us?
21. <ul><li>Steve Ressler </li></ul><ul><li>Founder and President </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>@GovLoop </li></ul>Questions Andrew Krzmarzick Community Manager [email_address] @KrazyKriz