1. Good Day! CA Content Standard: DRAW A LINE SEPARATING TODAY & YESTERDAY 1) Write: Date: 02/25/10 , Topic: Psychology of the Holocaust 2) On the next line, write “ Opener #22 ” and then: 1) Plot your mood, reflect in 1 sent . 2) Respond to the opener by writing at least 2 sentences about : Your opinions/thoughts OR/AND Questions sparked by the clip OR/AND Summary of the clip OR/AND Other things going on in the news. Announcements: None Intro Music: Untitled
3. Work #22a , Title “ Opener Shareout ” Pick 1 thing from your opener to share with your partner. 1) Each of you sign your name in your partner’s workbook under 1) to verified you’ve shared.
4. Holocaust/Shoah (1933–45) : 6 million+ Jewish civilians: 2/3 all Eur, 2/5 of World’s Jews killed (+ Nazi opposition, Communists, Romas/Gypsies, Homosexuals, Disabled)
5. Agenda 1) How did the Holocaust happen? 2) Nuremburg Project End Goal, you will be able to… 1) Know how people can stop injustice? Reminder 1) Annotate and rehearse your lines.
6. Notes #22a , Title: “ Social Psychology ” 1) Millgram Obedience Study : Order to shock, ppl will do carry out bad things when a) Authority figure orders it b) Responsibility for the action is transferred 2) Latane Bystander Study : Non-action is far more likely the larger the group a) Combining Millgram + Latane, you can do great good by ordering ppl around to help 3) Zimbardo Prison Experiment : Giving roles a) Ppl can do bad things without being ordered if placed in a role (caricature)
7. Work #22a , Title “ Partner Questions ” Read and then respond to these questions with a partner ( include their name at the end ): 1) When have you seen any of those 4 things a-d happen? 2) Do any or all of them reduce or eliminate guilt of the perpetrator? 5 Reading/Film Qs Come From These Work Sections
8. Work #22a , Title “ Video: Psych Studies ” 1) Copy Source Title: BBC 2…) Discuss questions on the board with a partner. Summarize your discussion ( include their name at the end ). Remember participation points are deducted if off task. 5 Reading/Film Qs Come From These Work Sections Time Bookmark: 00:00
9. Nuremburg Project ” Denazification: To erase Nazi ideas from the German ppl (Ger. are needed as allies against Soviets) Nuremburg: Trials to try crimes against humanity (first time gov leaders tried for their actions) 2) Walk through your section and list any objects needed (+when) and questions that need answering (+tools needed) HW: To rehearse, research, annoate your sections.
11. Workbook Check (100 Points): Make Sure: 1) Name + Period written on cover AND side of notebook 2) Opener #s are highlighted 3) Plastic bag inside inside cover 4) Schedule/syllabus inside cover 5) Reference sheets inside cover Staple with the staples grappling in.
12. Homework: 1) To rehearse, research, annoate your sections. Workbook Check: If your name is called, drop off your workbook with Mr. Chiang ( if requested, points lost if your workbook is not turned in )