Good Day! DRAW A LINE SEPARATING TODAY & YESTERDAY 1) Write: Date: 01/15/10 , Topic: Hitler Youth 2) On the next line, write “ Opener #7 ” and then: 1) Plot your mood, reflect in 1 sent . 2) Respond to the opener by writing at least 2 sentences about : Your opinions/thoughts OR/AND Questions sparked by the clip OR/AND Summary of the clip OR/AND Other things going on in the news. Announcements: None (28:30) Intro Music: Untitled
Agenda 1) Hitler Youth End Goal, you will be able to… 1) What was life like in Nazi Germany? Reminder 1) Find & complete your 4 news pods
Review 1) Treaty of Versailles (1919) : Allies meet to decide Germany’s fate ( Germany + Russia NOT invited ). a) Germany accepts full blame for the war b) Germany cedes it’s western land back to France c) France gets access to German coal deposits d) German army reduced to 100k , zero planes/subs e) Germany pay $30 billion ($2 trillion), lose patents f) German and Ottoman colonies given to allies g) East Europe unified under multiethnic countries : Yugoslavia +Czechoslovakia to deter Russian power
2) Totalitarianism : Gov has total power. Italy (1922), Russia (1917, 1924), Japan (1927), will model for Germany (1933). Shared: Power to control everything. COMMUNISM: Community Property/Forced Labor No Social Classes (Radical cultural change and no rich) FASCISM: Private Property/ Capitalism (Directed towards war production) Yes Social Classes (Tradition and wealthy hierarchy reinforced)
3) Weimer Republic : Weak post Kaiser/WWI democratic gov a) Blamed for Treaty of Vers. b) Econ Problems: Unemployed + Reparations c) Communism growing among poor (UK/France adopt many Socialist programs for veterans) 4) Hyper Inflation : Weimer gov print money, faith lost in Weimer $1USD = 1920 :4DM, 21 : 64DM 22 : 800DM, 23 :4.2 Trillion DM
5) National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi Party) : a) 1919 : Takes over the National Socialist German Workers Party, (Nazi Party) 1919 : 200 1920 : 2000, 1927 : 40,000, 1935 : 2 mil members b) Fought for strong gov/pride + jobs/wages c) Storm Troopers (SA) : Nazi party military
6) Post Depression Elections (1930s) : a) 1932: Nazis + Communists rising b) 1/1933: Weimer (+rich) back Hitler, making him Chancellor c) 2/1933 : Mysterious fire burns down parliament d) German constitution allows Hitler to suspend indiv. rights: press/speech, privacy, property e) 7/1933 : All other parties banned
Notes #6a , Title: “ Nazi Life ” 1) Hitler made Supreme Leader/Führer (8/1934) : a) Hitler source of all laws b) Only state run church allowed c) Rebuild military + starts public works (highways, arenas) = jobs d) Fought communist
Work #6a , “ War Economy Debate ” 1) Read the 2 sides, choose 1 side, and write which you choose and explain why . 2) Then write down what your partner thinks ( include their name at the end ). 1 2 3 4 5 CON: War is Bad for a Economy 1) War leads to debt 2) Conquered can be expensive to control 3) Productivity must be kept up by future wars, or else recession returns PRO: War is Good for a Economy 1) War creates jobs in factories and on the field 2) Conquered provide more resources 3) War speeds up productivity
2) Special Security (SS) : Enforced the law a) Heinrich Himmler (1900-45) : Leader of the SS b) Opposition arrested/killed ( Night of the Long Knives, 1934 ) c) Gestapo : Nazi intelligence + police (part of SS)
Work #6b , Title “ Video: SS ” 1) Copy Source Title: PBS 2…) Discuss questions on the board with a partner. Summarize your discussion ( include their name at the end ). Remember participation points are deducted if off task. 5 Reading/Film Qs Come From These Work Sections Time Bookmark: 00:00
3) Hitler’s Youth (Hitlerjugend) : Boys must join ideological/military training units
Work #6c , Title “ Video: Hitler Youth ” 1) Copy Source Title: Europa Europa 2…) Discuss questions on the board with a partner. Summarize your discussion ( include their name at the end ). Remember participation points are deducted if off task. 5 Reading/Film Qs Come From These Work Sections Time Bookmark: EE: 58:08, HY: ,10:35 Race
Homework: 1) Study today’s notes + work sections for a possible workbook quiz . 2) Pick and listen to your 4 news podcast by next Monday. 3) If assigned, please bring laptops on block day (Wednesday) + any digital sound effects . Workbook Check: If your name is called, drop off your workbook with Mr. Chiang ( if requested, points lost if your workbook is not turned in )
¿Le ha llamado la atención una diapositiva en particular?
Recortar diapositivas es una manera útil de recopilar información importante para consultarla más tarde.