Which is better For
Relief of Gout Pain, Hot
or Cold Soaking?
• When it comes to pain, there are always 2 ways to help
relief the pain, ice bag or warm tower.
• Somehow, the cold treatment is a more commonly used
solution to numb the nerves so that the signals of the
pain cannot reach the brain, temporarily.
• In the case of gout pain, because the infected area
(usually big toe) is like burning on fire, most patients will
soak the whole foot into a bucket full of freezing cold ices.
• That will immediately numb all the nerves in the foot, he
cannot even feel the existence of the feet, not to mention
the grueling pain at the swollen toe.
• This may sound like a good fix for the intense pain, but
the fact is that cold treatment will only make the
condition worse in the long run.
• This is a method that kills the symptoms but worsen the
root cause of gout.
• Gout is a direct result of accumulation of too much uric
acid in the body and the population of gout patients is
growing worldwide at alarming rate.
• This is because of our modern stressful lifestyle that is
full of acidic diet and habits. Smoking, soft drinks,
instant food, synthetic food additives, fast food, are all
acidifying agents that actively pump acids into the
• Bear in mind that our blood pH must always maintain at
mild alkalinity which is at the pH value between 7.3 and
7.4. All those acidic food is turning our blood into an acid
• In order to counter the acidity and return the alkalinity of
the blood, those acids will be forced out from the
bloodstream and enter the interstitial fluids and a portion
of it will seep into the synovial fluids in the joints.
• When the concentration of uric acid in the synovial goes
beyond the saturation level, they will crystallize and
forms urate crystals that triggers the immune reaction
which result in inflammation, burning sensation and pain,
• Still remember salt crystal formation experiment during
high school science? One of the variables that we need to
find out is the rate of crystallization at different
• The answer is that crystallization happens faster and
larger crystal stones are formed at lower temperature.
On the contrary, the formed salt crystals will slowly
dilute away as the temperature goes up.
• If you want more urate crystals form in your joints or
interstitial fluid of muscles, then continue on with your
favorite cold ice soaking.
• But if you want to speed up the excretion of urate
crystals, then soak your feet in the warm water as often
as you can, even at times when you are not suffering
from gout attack. Warm water will increase the blood
circulation and excretion of toxins through the moving
"And now I would like to invite you to
claim your Free Instant Access to one
of my comprehensive reports
on Common Gout Treatments when you