how can you treat gout at home before visiting a doctor
How Can You Treat
Gout at Home Before
Visiting a Doctor?
• Gout is a sudden attack that hits you anytime without
any early warning signs. Usually it strikes when you
sleeping soundly in the middle of a cold peaceful night.
• Out of nowhere you feel a sudden pain in your big toe,
ankle or knee as if someone hit it with a big hammer.
• In some cases, the condition is so severe that the
victim cannot even walk to the kitchen to get a glass of
water and take some aspirin.
• Aspirin might help to relieve the headache that you are
having as a result of not enough sleep or worry over
the swollen joint, but aspirin has no effect on getting
rid of the burning pain at the affected joints.
• Then you might think of using some ice bag or soak the
whole foot in the a bucket of icy cold water hoping that
will somehow numb away the intense pain. It works!
• But after thirty minutes or so when the freezing effect
is gone, your nerves are back to action sending all
those pain signals to your brain, again.
• The same temporary effect applies to warm water
soaking too. When soak your painful feet inside the
slightly below boiling temperature of hot water, you will
feel a sudden soothing sensation that makes you
temporarily forget about the pain you had before.
When the temperature drops, the pain signals will soon
override the comforting signals produced by the warm
water. As mention in my previous article, it is better to
use warm water instead of cold water if you do not
want the gout condition to become worse in the future.
• If you are far away from the nearest hospital, maybe
you are on a vacation or what.
• You can try the baking soda treatment to temporarily
lower down the uric acid that causes the gout attack.
You must also drink plenty of water to help flush away
those excessive uric acids.
• Take one tea spoon full of baking soda (or chemically
known as sodium bicarbonate) and mix it with a glass
of water and drink it all with an empty stomach.
• After 30 minutes or so, take another glass of baking
soda water to further boost the neutralization of uric
• DO NOT consume more than 4 tea spoons of baking
soda in a day! If you have some other health
complications such as hypertension or on certain
course of medication, baking soda is not for you.
• Remember, this is just a temporary remedy and you
must seek proper medication as soon as possible.
"And now I would like to invite you to
claim your Free Instant Access to one
of my comprehensive reports
on Common Gout Treatments when you