1. The Best Selling Ufology Books Collection www.UfologyBooks.com
2. EAST TO W EST UFO SOCIETY SCOTLANDS LARGEST UFO GROUP NEWSLETTER HERE TO IN FO R M NU MB ER 41 MAY 2007Nazi History Of Alien Contactedited by Jane DavisWhen Adolf Hitler spread his message of hatred, genocide, andoppression, as having been inspired by a blond race of superhumanwarriors referred to as Aryans, it is assumed through historicalaccounts that this was simply the contrived mythology of a madman.
3. These same accounts omit representation that Adolf Hilter was amember of demonic UFO cult worshipping cabals, and was anapparent UFO contactee, by the same Extraterrestrial group whichHilter sought to glorify.The Nazis themselves claimed that an extraterrestrial society was thesource of their ideology and the power behind their organization.Nazi mysticism, indeed, was reportedly a direct product of cultworship to Manipulative Extraterrestrials.The Nazis referred to their hidden extraterrestrial masters asunderground supermen. Hitler believed in the supermen and claimedthat he had once met one of them, as did other members of the Thuleleadership.Some reports also allege that Adolf Hitler escaped capture by theU.S. and its Allies with the assistance of ManipulativeExtraterrestrials.Indeed historical records affirm that Hitler was never found by theAllies. His suicide was originally concocted to quell mass concern thatsuch an individual could have escaped to pursue another World War.Reports suggests that Nazis were preparing for World War III,before the dust hardly settled with their setback of World War IIdefeat.The Nazis said that their supermen resided beneath the Earth’ssurface and were the creators of the Aryan race. Aryans therefore inAdolf Hitler’s reasoning, constituted the world’s only pure race andall other people were viewed as inferior genetic mutations.The Nazis under the reported guidance of ManipulativeExtraterrestrials planned to re-purify humanity by committinggenocide against anyone who was not an Aryan.Top Nazi leaders believed that the underground supermen wouldreturn to the surface of the Earth to rule it as soon as the Nazis begantheir racial purification program and established the Thousand YearReich.These Nazi beliefs are very similar to other religions apparently alsoguided by Manipulative Extraterrestrials that teach people toprepare for the future return of supernatural beings who will reignover a Utopian Earth.
4. As in other such religions, the coming of the Nazi supermen wouldcoincide with a great final divine judgment.Nazi mysticism indeed earned the support of Christian leaders, whoshared what Gnostic referred to as influence by demonicconsciousness linked to a false God.Of the divine judgment, Hitler had declared in court during his earlyNazi days: “The army we have formed is growing from day to day. Inourish the proud hope that one day the hour will come when theserough companies will grow into battalions, the battalions toregiments, the regiments to divisions, that the old cockade [ribbon orrosette worn on a hat as a badge] will be taken from the mud, thatthe old flags will wave again, that there will be a reconciliation at thelast great divine judgment which we are prepared to face.”Critical historical accounts have linked Adolf Hitler, and other highranking Nazis as having communicated with self-anointed Nordicgods who were a part constituency of Manipulative Extraterrestrialswhich to Gnostics disciples of Jesus were identified as demons.This is where the National Socialist image of the ideal man/womanand the program of eugenics apparently originated.Adolf Hilter was apparently ordered to infiltrate the NationalSocialist German Workers Party in order to counter anti-militarysentiments of the defeated working class, into a populist movementwhich in turn would worship the demonic consciousnesses ofManipulative Extraterrestrials.Though he lost the war, eventually, Manipulative Extraterrestrialsapparently communicated with Nazis that those chosen by Satan willfollow with success in establishing a Fourth Reich. Four is thenumber of Satan/Enki.Hitler saw the ideal human in Satan and his demons who are of theextra-terrestrial race who looked like human beings with very tallstatures, light blonde hair and blue eyes.Nazi technology is also alleged to have been disseminated underguidance by Manipulative Extraterrestrials. The Nazis hadeverything before any other country, they had radar in 1933, theyhad infra-red sensors, heavy water, etc., etc. We have been told lie
5. after lie in terms of who invented these things. If anyone in the worldhad access to alien technology it was the Aryans.Hitler did not really commit suicide as some official historicalaccounts have suggested.In 1952, Dwight D. Eisenhower said: “We have been unable tounearth one bit of tangible evidence of Hitler’s death. Many peoplebelieve that Hitler escaped from Berlin.”When President Truman asked Joseph Stalin at the Potsdamconference in 1945 whether or not Hitler was dead, Stalin repliedbluntly, ‘No.’ Stalin’s top army officer, Marshall Gregory Zhukov,whose troops were the ones to occupy Berlin, flatly stated after a longthorough investigation in 1945: “We have found no corpse that couldbe Hitler’s.”The chief of the U.S. trial counsel at Nuremberg, Thomas J. Dodd,said: “No one can say he is dead.” Major General Floyd Parks, whowas commanding general of the U.S. sector in Berlin, stated forpublication that he had been present when Marshall Zhukovdescribed his entrance to Berlin, and Zhukov stated he believedHitler might have escaped.Lt. Gen. Bedell Smith, Chief of Staff to Gen. Eisenhower in theEuropean invasion and later Director of the CIA, stated publicly onOct. 12, 1945, “No human being can say conclusively that Hitler isdead.”Col. W. J. Heimlich, former Chief, United States Intelligence, atBerlin, stated for publication that he was in charge of determiningwhat had happened to Hitler and after a thorough investigation hisreport was: “There was no evidence beyond that of hearsay tosupport the theory of Hitler’s suicide.” He also stated, “On the basisof present evidence, no insurance company in America would pay aclaim on Adolph Hitler.”An article in November, 1949, says “The Nazis went underground,May 16, 1943!” and details an alleged meeting at the residence ofKrupp von Bohlen-Halbach, the head of I. G. Farben and agents saidthat in the aftermath of World War II, Nazis gone underground wereplanning for “for World War III.”
6. Another article in August, 1952, entitled “Hitler Did Not Die,”subtitled “Adolph Hitler’s fake suicide in his Berlin Bunker now isexposed as History’s greatest hoax! Positive evidence comes to lightthat Hitler did not die — here’s new evidence that Hitler is alive,directing the Nazi underground, today!”On a Canadian Broadcasting Corporation program called “As ItHappens,” September 17th, 1974 at 7:15 p.m., a Prof. Dr. RyderSaguenay, oral surgeon from the Dental Faculty of the University ofCalifornia at Los Angeles, said that Hitler had ordered a specialplane to leave from Berlin with all medical and dental records,especially X-rays, of all top Nazis for an unknown destination. Hesaid that the dental records used to identify Hitler’s body weredrawn from MEMORY by a dental assistant, who reportedlydisappeared and was never found.An editorial in “Zig Zag,” Santiago, Chile, January 16, 1948, statesthat on April 30th, 1945, Flight Captain Peter Baumgart took AdolfHitler, his wife Eva Braun, as well as a few loyal friends by planefrom Tempelhof Airport to Tondern in Denmark, which was stillunder German control. From Tondern, they took another plane toKristiansund in Norway, also German controlled. From there theyjoined a submarine convoy, [”U.F.O. Letzte Geheimwaffe des IIIReiches,” Mattern, pp. 50-51] .The Jewish writer Michael Bar-Zohar in “The Avengers,” p. 99, said:“In 1943 Admiral Doenitz had declared: “The German U-boat fleet isproud to have made an earthly paradise, an impregnable fortress forthe Fuhrer, somewhere in the world.” He did not say in what part ofthe world it existed, but fairly obviously it was in South America.”The German writer Mattern said that Admiral Doenitz told agraduating class of naval cadets in Kiel in 1944: “The German Navyhas still a great role to play in the future. The German Navy knowsall hiding places for the Navy to take the Fuhrer to, should the needarise. There he can prepare his last measures in complete quiet.”If one accepts the report that Nazi Germany as having beeninfluenced by Manipulative Extraterrestrials, which reportedly haveacquired access to technologies which have significantly lengthenedtheir life spans, then it is plausible that indoctrinated followers ofManipulative Extraterrestrials may have been granted similar accessto such advanced technologies.
7. Such technological access would help Nazis realize their ambitions toseek to reclaim a global conquest.Source & References:http://www.ourstrangeworld.net/wp-trackback.php?p=8277 THE REPTILIANS A genetics akin to reptiles these are highly advanced entities but viewed as being negatives/ hostile or dangerous disposition since they regard humans as a totally inferior race. They would perceive us much the way we would perceive a herd of cattle. Reptillians are carnivorous in regard to humans .They consider earth to be their own ancient outpost and would expect to have complete control of the entire planet upon their return. Their own planet is becoming unable to adequately support life and they need somewhere else to live. They have the greys "working" for them as they wish not to be seen.Are the above statements something you go along with, please let me know.
8. BETTY & BARNEY HILL subject:* Betty and Barney HillIncident location:* Route 3, to Portsmouth, New HampshireIncident date:* September 19th and 20th, 1961Case type:* Alien AbductionIn September, 1961, the Hills were returning from a holiday in Canada,driving along a New Hampshire road. On Route 3, at approximately 11pm, they saw what they described a "bright star" in the sky. They stoppedthe car and got out to have a closer look with binoculars. The light thenreversed its direction and the couple got back into their car and drove on.The light then turned back and approached their car, so they stoppedagain to look at it. Barney tried to dismiss it as a plane, but his wife Bettywas adamant the object was flat. The craft was described as "pancakeshaped" with a line of windows along the edge, through which they sawfigures moving about inside.Barney decided to walk up the road, hoping to get a closer look at thecraft, when suddenly, what Barney described as a fin began protrudingout of each side of the craft and he could see flashing red lights on theirtips. He then became frightened and very agitated and ran quickly back tothe car. Barney was a postal worker and very respected.Once in the car, he opened the glove compartment and pulled out a smallrevolver which he kept for protection. He stepped out of the car again,and pointed the small weapon at the craft which was very close by thattime. He claimed that the next thing he remembered was being backhome. Betty also experienced confusion when she did not recall the restof their two hour drive home. Once in the house, they discoveredsomething very strange. They had arrived home over two hours later thanthey should have and could not explain why. They continued on with
9. their lives and dismissed the incident due to the lack of any explanationfor what had happened. In the months that followed, Betty continuouslyhad terrifying nightmares and Barneys health took a turn for the worse.He did not, however, experience any nightmares like Betty.It was 1964 before any explanation even began to surface about themissing two hours that night. The Hills finally concluded that they wouldseek medical help, so at some expense, the couple visited a Bostonpsychiatrist who was known for using hypnosis to fight memory blocks.Betty and Barney repeatedly underwent regressive hypnosis separately,and both of the stories they relived under hypnosis were almost identical,which was very difficult for anyone to explain. The psychiatrist wascompletely baffled at the similarities of each ones story under hypnosis,and even more confused by the unbelievable experiences that they relivedmany times under hypnosis. They both told of being taken aboard a largespacecraft by beings that in no way resembled humans. They recalledundergoing painful and terrifying medical procedures by hideous lookingcreatures with huge black eyes. The story made front page news all acrossthe United States and became the focus of criticism and disbelief by thegeneral public as well as both the news media and the scientificcommunity. The Hills case was the first abduction case ever documentedin 1961, But it certainly wouldnt be the last!There is one very disturbing fact in the case that to this day has yet to beexplained. during a hypnosis session, Betty recalled being shown a kindof three dimensional star map , and although the alien beings never spokevocally, she had no problem communicating with them by way oftelepathy. One of the aliens showed her on the star map where they camefrom. Of course, none of this was familiar to Betty. Under hypnosis, shewas able to recall precisely the layout of the star map , and had a sketchdrawn of it. It was inspected by our countrys top astronomers and wasdismissed because there was no familiarity between it and our knowledgeof the planets at the time. Years later, a head-strong amateur astronomertook the drawing of the star map and searched through the near stars tosee if she could get a match for the star configuration drawn by Betty.She found no system that even remotely resembled the star map. Howcould anyone have known that in the early 1970s new technology wouldallow our scientists to see further and deeper into Space than ever before.More than ten years after Betty had drawn the star map , a new starsystem was discovered that matched her star map perfectly. It wascalculated that the aliens came from the Zeta Reticuli system. Many wereamazed that Betty had reproduced under hypnosis, such a preciselyaccurate map of a star system that nobody on the planet Earth had the
10. technology to see for another ten years.This, in my opinion, is more than sufficient evidence to prove that whatthe Hills experienced was very real. This was the first alien abductioncase ever documented and certainly not the last! Since about 1966 therehave been an estimated 120,000 abduction cases reported on a globalscale. This statistic accompanied by the staggering number of reports ofUFO encounters and sightings reported every year is more thanconclusive evidence in my opinion. What scares me the most is that thegeneral population of Earth still dismisses it at imagination or fabrication.The case of Betty and Barney Hill remains important to this day, becauseit paved the way for the use of hypnosis to recover blocked memories.There are still many psychiatrists who disagree with this practice, sayingthat the person being hypnotized is too susceptible to suggestion whileunder hypnosis, and therefore may incorrectly remember events. That stilldoes not explain how an abduction case in a small village in Pakistan isso similar in its description to an abduction case, half way around theworld in Washington state.There are many difficult things to believe in life. Sometimes even lifeitself is little more than a question mark. What could be stranger than the Truth? I have included the Hills incident for any readers new to Ufology to get an idea of what has occurred in the past, I will be including further famous cases in future issues for the same reason.
11. Dont be lieve in alie ns? VisitSanFranciscosUFOMuse umFrom CorrespondentRusty DorninSAN FRANCISCO(CNN) -- Erik Beckjordhas no use for skeptics. As the owner of San FranciscosUFO Museum, why should he?Faces on Mars, the Loch Ness monster, or an alien with aname tag (Andy) -- if its far-fetched and unproved,Beckjord buys it. And its all on display at his storefront"museum.""We had a big party with belly dancers, and a UFOshowed up," he says, without a hint of irony. "It stayedthree hours and kept asking to plug into the wall. Theywere cheap aliens. They didnt want to pay for their own juice." Right. Not everyone who stops into the UFO Museum is as believing as Beckjord. But it doesnt bother him that some may remain unconvinced, as one of his exhibits suggests, thatthe face of an alien can be found in the Hale-Bopp comet."With the card-carrying skeptics, we will never win,"says Beckjord, who claims he saw Bigfoot crossing a citystreet.Beckjord has little hard evidence to support his sightings,but does claim to have public opinion on his side.
12. "There are more people who have seen UFOs than voted for President Clinton," he maintains. U K Pilots Report Huge UFO near Alderney Coast 26/4/2007-Pilots UFO Shock by Joel de Woolfson UFO sightings are being investigated by the Ministry of Defence. Two experienced airline pilots on separate flights saw something up to a mile wide off the coast of Alderney onMonday afternoon. Surprisingly, Jersey radar equipment did not pick up the object,although an air traffic controller said he had received simultaneous reports from theAurigny and Blue Islands pilots.Aurignys Captain Ray Bowyer, 50, said he saw the strange object during a flight fromSouthampton.He spotted a bright-yellow light 10 miles west of Alderney while his plane was about 30miles from the island and at 4,000ft."It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up andstationary," he said."I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a 737."A 737 is slightly smaller than a jumbo jet."But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been asmuch as a mile wide."As he continued his approach to Alderney, Capt. Bowyer saw a second identical objectfurther to the west."It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer toGuernsey."The sightings come days after reports that scientists have discovered outside our solarsystem an Earth-like planet capable of supporting extraterrestrial life.
13. "I cant explain it. At first, I thought it might have been a reflection from a vinery inGuernsey, but that would have disappeared quickly. This was clearly visual for aboutnine minutes."The sightings happened at about 3pm. Capt. Bowyer, who has flown commercial planesfor about 20 years, said he had described the objects to air traffic control and filled in anincident report."As I got closer to it, it became clear to me that it was tangible. I was in two minds aboutgoing towards it to have a closer look but decided against it because of the size of it. I hadto think of the safety of the passengers first."He added that the experience had been quite scary.I`m certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I`m saying is that Ihave never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."Paul Kelly, 31, the air traffic controller who was on duty, said the Blue Islands pilot hadmade a similar report, but nothing had appeared on his radar."The pilot from Blue Islands was en route to Jersey at the same time and as he went pastSark he described an object behind him to his left," he said."The description was very similar to Captain Bowyers and they described it as being inexactly the same place. But they were looking at it from opposite sides."The pilot told him the object had been 1,500ft beneath his plane.The Blue Islands plane was at 3,500ft at the time so, again, both pilots placed it at thesame altitude."If the object was stationary, our equipment would not have picked it up because theradar would have screened it out." The above article is from the UFOCASEBOOK Website which can be found at www.ufocasebook.com
14. AIR FORCE CONFIRMS UFO CRASHNewly Declassified Documents Confirm MOON DUST Involvement in Bolivia UFO Crash of a Pair of Weird SpheresDOD - Declassifies More Dear (Contact First Name) MOON DUST Documents New information has been released from the Air Intelligence Agency, part of the US Air Force through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) that further confirms the August 1979 crashes of a pair of weird spheres near Santa Cruz, Bolivia. The documents not only verify what Ryan S. Wood has already revealed in Majic Eyes Only, but also provides additional intriguing details and references to "MOON DUST," the prominent governmental space debris and UFOAir Intelligence Agency retrieval program designed to locate, recover, and deliver descended foreign space vehicles back to Wright Patterson Foreign Technology Division headquarters for analysis and exploitation. According to several eye-witnesses, two "balls of fire" fell from the sky and softly landed in the cities of Santa Cruz and Cotoca on August 8th, 1979. The story behind these fallen objects is continuously growing with intensity and credibility. The spheres-almost identical in nature-were MAJIC EYES ONLY about "80 centimeters in diameter and ~2 meters in circumference with a hole in one side and a metal skin covering approximately one-half inch thickness. The spheres weighed about six kilograms with half-inch thick skin and the outside metal was similar to copper with dark and light spots, the plants near the objects were burned." First hand witnesses mentioned in the official documentation of this incident include Colonel Ariel Coca,
15. was similar to copper with dark and lightspots, the plants near the objects wereburned." First hand witnesses mentionedin the official documentation of thisincident include Colonel Ariel Coca,Campesino Gonzalo Menacho Viveras, andNathaniel Mendez Hurtado. Most of themystery associated with these incidents isin the practically impossible landing ofthese objects. The two objects werereported to be on fire, made a loudwhistling sound and then exploded. However, "in the area where theyve beenfound, there were no signs of the impactand it looks as though the spheres landedsmoothly." How did the spheres negotiatea smooth landing? Certainly they are notterrestrial space debris. More mysteriousyet, is the presence of a "silent aircraft"with three lights that appeared later thesame evening, hovering above theexplosion area. What was the craft doing?Who contracted it to be there and why?Was it an extraterrestrial craft or man-made? The incidents association with projectMOON DUST intensifies these questions;what was the level of involvement ofMOON DUST personnel and what didthey hope to gain or hide in Bolivia?Where are the spheres today?
16. The UFOs over the English Channel by Christian Macé Posted: 00:00 May 3, 2007UFO over Guernsey - "Enormous" - Two pilots saw an UFO close-upover Guernsey and Alderney flying over the English Channel.The object was shaped like open flat bottom boat, yellow and shining,with a green zone, estimated at twice the size of a Boeing 737, wasseen Monday (April 23, 2007) around 3 p.m., to 20 or 25 kilo metersin north east of Guernsey, and about fifteen kilo meters in the west ofAlderney. The commander Ray Bowyer flew from Southamptontowards Alderney to 12000 meters when it observed the light with hisbinoculars, with approximately 6000 meters of altitude, stationary.Mr. Bowyer "was shaken a little" by this vision. "It is not somethingwhich you see the every day, it was rather worrying!"Continuing its flight towards Alderney, pilot Bowyer saw a secondobject, identical to the first, further in the west. "It was exactly thesame one, but it seemed smaller because it was much further. It waswith dimensions of Guernsey." Of the beginning it thought that itwas the sun being reflected in the greenhouses of Guernsey. "But if itwere the case, that would have disappeared quickly.It was clearly visible during
17. approximately nine minutes." The objects were shining like the sun,but did not hurt the eyes when they were looked at. The passengersof another plane also observed the stationary objects.The ministry for British defence declared that there would be noinvestigation into this case, this one not representing a threat.In an interview for the chain of local information of Guernsey, thepilot described the object as being approximately a kilo meter andhalf in length. UFO/ALIEN WEBSITESWWW.MYSTERIOUS-AMERICA.NET WWW.ALIENSTRANGER.COM WWW.AREA51ZONE.COM
18. WWW.BLACKVAULT.COMThis is a list of the UFO crashes up to 1992 withrecovery information: researched by thePhoenix foundationDATE LOCATION BODIESUnknown - Beaver Oklahoma (ancient crash sight still believed bysome to be buried under Sand Hills of Beaver State Park ) Bodies UnknownUnknown - Steppes Mountains (ancient crash sight..some wreckagereported recovered in Arch. dig 1956 No BodiesAugust if 1897 Aurora, Texas 1 Body -buried in Local cemeteryJuly 4,1947 Roswell, New Mexico 4 BodiesFeb 13,1948 Aztec, New Mexico 12 BodiesJuly 7,1948 Mexico, so. of Laredo 1 Body1949 Roswell, New Mexico 1 ET Living1952 Spitzenbergen, Norway 2 BodiesAug 14,1952 Ely, Nevada 16 BodiesSept 10,1950 Albuquerque, New Mexico 3 BodiesApril 18,1953 S.W. Arizona No BodiesMay 20,1953 Kingman, Arizona 1 BodyJune 19,1953 Laredo, Texas 4 BodiesJuly 10,1953 Johofnisburg S. Africa 5 Bodies
19. Oct 13,1953 Dutton, Montana 4 BodiesMay 5,1955 Brighton, England 4 BodiesJuly 18,1957 Carlsbad, New Mexico 4 Bodies1961 Timmensdorfer, Germany 12 BodiesJune 12,1962 Holloman, AFB, New Mexico 2 BodiesNov 10,1964 Ft. Riley, Kansas 9 BodiesOct 27,1966 N.W. Arizona 1 Body1966-1968 5 Crashes IN/KY/OH/ area 3 Bodies and Disc IntactJuly 18,1972 Morroco Sahara Desert 3 BodiesJuly 10,1973 NW Arizona 5 BodiesAug 25,1974 Chihuahua, Mexico Bodies and Disc intactMay 12,1976 Australian Desert 4 BodiesJune 22,1977 NW Arizona 5 BodiesApril 5,1977 SW Ohio 11 BodiesAug 17,1977 Tobasco, Mexico 2 BodiesMay 1978 Bolivia No BodiesNov 1988 Afghanistan 7 BodiesMay 1989 South Africa 2 ET LivingJune 1989 South Africa 2 ET Living Disc IntactJuly 1989 Siberia 9 ET LivingSept 2,1990 Megas Platonos, Greece ?Nov 1992 Long Island , New York ?
20. This is a brief synopsis of UFO Crash reports and military retrievals.Many of these reports have not been investigated and could be thesubject of future research.I don’t know how reliable this list is if not at all but it could be thebasis to start looking in to them. Editor DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY SIGHTINGS UFO ReportMarch the 15th was my birthday and we had been in Moffat for a dinner.When we left at about 10 pm I remember that it was a clear and starrynight. But the above report brings to mind (I have probably related this toyour before), about the time when my friend Ann and myself had gone toCollin and out into the countryside, the road winds up onto a small hilland you can get a good view.That night we had seen an orange sausage- shaped craft hovering in thesky. But there were no flashing lights. That is the same night that a starshaped object was circled by a jet fighter, which proves that the militaryare well aware of what these objects may or may not be, at least theyARE aware of them.Lately, there have been a number of UFO sightings and one compellingvideo taken of UFOs over the Dumfries and Galloway area of Scotland.Also, some odd reaction to forest fires in the area have prompted some tobelieve that a UFO may have crashed there. Below find some of theevidence of the recent happenings in Scotland.source: user submitted Forest Fires Burn out of ControlJohn Ross and Bob Geddes
21. FORESTRY workers and fire fighters were yesterday trying to containwoodland and grass fires in Scotland. A blaze burned out of control in theGalloway Forest Park for the second day running. Fire fighters werecalled to the blaze on Sunday morning, but because of the inaccessiblearea miles into the park, the Forestry Commission called in helicopters.A specialist team was brought in yesterday to bring the blaze burning ona five-mile front near Loch Dee in between New Galloway and NewtonStewart under control. More than 60 square miles of grass and trees havebeen destroyed in the fire, which is thought to have been startedaccidentally by campers.Helicopters have been using a fine spray to put out the fire and prevent itspreading. A Dumfries and Galloway Fire and Rescue spokesman said:"We had to withdraw crews from the hillsides at night and we have notbeen asked to go back. The commission have brought in a specialistteam."The Galloway Forest Park covers more than 300 square miles and is oneof the countrys most picturesque areas with forest, moor land, lochs andmountains.Meanwhile, more than 60 fire fighters spent over a day tackling a blazethat destroyed 13 square miles of moor land in the Highlands.The fire has also affected four acres of forest near Bettyhill in Sutherland.Last night, the outbreak was under control.source: http://business.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=962&id=589212007 Pair Report Unidentified LightsA mother and daughter have been trying to gain an explanation for"strange lights" in the sky over Dumfries as they returned home. Debbieand Imogen Easton were heading home with a takeaway meal onGlasgow Street when they saw a set of lights.They spotted further bright objects in the sky near the towns Ice Bowl. Aspokesman for Dumfries Astronomical Society said the description was"highly unusual" but may have been caused by a satellite or fighter jet.
22. It is the third such report of unusual lights in the region so far this year.Earlier this month a similar incident was reported by a woman in Tinwaldvillage and in January there were calls to police from people reporting a"fireball" in the sky over Dumfries.It was an unidentified flying object - because I dont know what it wasDebbie EastonThat was later attributed to Comet McNaught.Mrs Easton said she had just picked up her Indian meal at about 2000GMT when she spotted what she described as an unusual glow in the sky."It was like two big orange balls of light - bright orange - just comingtowards us," she said."I said to my daughter lets just watch them and see what happens."I was actually hoping they would come right over so we could see whatthey were."Fizzled out-However, she said the lights disappeared before they could get a closerlook."They came towards us slowly and just very slowly fizzled out together atthe same time," said Mrs Easton."I thought, gosh, what was that? That was strange."We drove off just as another one came from the same direction - by thistime we were round at the Ice Bowl."The pair said they stopped and got out of their car as yet another lightappeared."They all just fizzled out at the same time, at the same point," she said."It was an unidentified flying object - because I dont know what it was."Mrs Easton said her daughter was more scared by the experience."My daughter said Im getting back into the car - am I going to beabducted by aliens? Is it going to be the end of the world?" said MrsEaston."I said I dont think so - but it was strange."Iridium satellites-Mark Toner, president of Dumfries Astronomical Society, said theincident was certainly unusual."It doesnt sound like anything astronomical," he said."There are things called Iridium satellites - they are quite low and tend toreflect the sun very brightly."One of those can catch the light and it looks like a searchlight has beenturned on."However, he said the light was usually white and it was not common tospot more than one at a time.Mr Toner said another explanation might have been the glow of enginesof a fighter jet in the distance which had then banked away.