3. Google Places – Best Practice Set up your Google Places Listing 1. http://www.google.com/places/ 2. Claim your free listing and verify it Optimise you Google Places Listing 1. Fully complete your profile 2. Include images and video 3. Business contact details should be uniform across the web 4. Get reviews from customers and directories: freeindex.co.uk, yelp.co.uk etc
4. SEO – 200 Factors Influence Your Rankings• Relevancy - On page SEO - 20% of the effort - Give users what they want - Be useful, answer the question• Recommendation - Off page SEO – 50% of the effort - Will people vote for you with inbound links? - Social influence & proof• Experience - 30% of the effort - What do user think of your pages? - How do you compare to your competition?
5. SEO – Best Practice (some!)
6. Breakout: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)1. What do you think your homepage title tag should be (65 characters)?2. Do the same for 2 more product/service specific pages3. What do you think the main 4 key phrases present on your homepage / main pages should be?4. Where in your industry/sector would be a good place to get a relevant external link from?5. What are some of the best ways you can acquire external links?
7. Google Adwords - PPC Why use Google Adwords? 1. Target people who are already searching for what you sell / offer 2. Only pay for it when they click into your website 2. Spend as little or as much as you want from £1 to £1000’s per day 3. Local, regional and global targeting; control where your ad’s are seen 4. Track ROI metrics – see the profit it can bring to you business
8. Google Adwords – Best Practice (some!)
9. Breakout: Google Adwords – Pay Per Click (PPC)1. Write an ad for one of your main products or services (25,35,35)2. What are some of the negative keywords you would have in your campaign?3. Write a relevant heading for you landing page4. What is your engagement tactic. Why will they get in touch?
10. Social Media Strategy
11. Google + Best Practice continued1. Optimise your Google+ Profile (as per previous slide!)2. Create Circles of ‘influence’ and engagement a. Think about your target demographic b. Business sectors c. Circles of influence will add SEO value3. Think about your ‘great’ content - why and who you post it to a. Specific circles – content relevant to them b. Post to extended circles – ‘spread the word’ c. Share people’s content with whom you want to engage4. Respond to engagement – build relationships5. Get the Google +1 button on your website pages
12. Breakout: Social Media1. Write down 3 keywords to ‘link’ from your ‘about us’ section in your Google + account to your website2. Write down 3 different target audiences for your Google + circles.3. Write a down traditional a marketing activity that worked well in the past.4. How could you use this idea online and through what social channels?
13. Google Analytics Google Analytics Best Practice 1. Focus on actionable metrics 2. Set up conversion goals & tracking 3. Look at your top 10 landing pages bounce rates 4. Look at your keyword conversion rates (and bounce rates) 5. Whats your mobile traffic doing?
14. Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
15. Breakout: Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)1. What do you want visitors to do when they visit your site?2. What are your USP’s? The reasons why someone should ‘buy’ from you? (this could change from page to page!)3. Why would people object to buying or making contact with you?4. What landing pages would you like to test first and why?