GOOGLE HAVE A
OVER 200 FACTORS INFLUENCE YOUR SEO
Relevancy (on page SEO)
• Focus on your users, give them what they want
• Freshness of content – how often do you change yours?
• Content strategy, evolves, purposeful, hot topics, contagious
• Don’t spam, keyword stuff
Recommendation (off page SEO / Google Penguin)
• Commit to outreach and engage with communities
• Create content your audience will care about
• Will people vote for you with inbound links?
• Social mentions is ‘word of mouth’ marketing and builds links
• Use Google+ and gain ‘authorship’ and your ‘identity’
• Manage you link profile, assess risks and take action
Experience (Google Panda)
• What do users ‘think’ of your pages? Find out.
• Reduce clutter and friction
• Don’t keep people waiting – improve load times
• Do all you can to engage and ‘romance the share’
IF CARLSBERG DID
WHO WOULD YOU WANT
BEHIND THE DOOR?
• Your target audience
• Where are they, ‘which pub’?
• Strategic partners
• Your customers
• Influencer networks
• Who influences them?
• Who else and why?
• Who would you, buy a beer?
• A good conversationalist, listens most of the
time, that’s how, when you talk, you know what to say
• # Who are you listening to?
• Be interested in others, not yourself!
• Don’t broadcast sales messages
• Make friends, build trust and help others
• 80 / 20 rule
• Remember… ‘Givers Gain’
PROBABLY THE BEST
SOCIAL NETWORKING ADVICE!
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
GOOGLE + SOCIAL AND IDENTITY ENGINE
GOOGLE + HANGOUTS
WHY YOU NEED USE GOOGLE+
Get your content read and ranking faster
• Faster indexing of your content – make it relevant
to your candidates
• Extended circles, means you influence your
followers and theirs
Authorship Tag = Identity
• Have you set yours up?
AuthorRank is coming!
• How authoritive and interesting are you to your
• Share-ability of authors content
• Number of people in your circles and how many
you are in
• Engagement levels of your content