2. Communicable Diseases: Combat Them FIRST SECOND THIRD FOURTH Communicable Diseases How Communicable Diseases are Spread Ways to Prevent Communicable Diseases Noncommunicable Diseases: An Overview
3. MCSHS COMMUNICABLEIntroduction DISEASES Communicable Diseases Causes For happy living, it diseases, also Communicable is necessary to remain Communicablefrom any diseases. However, diseases are illnesses known is infectious diseases are as healthy and free illness that affects the A diseasebe an thatFungihave seen people life Viruses– mind.germs passed on Amongtransferred orsufferingand can –are simple one- body and are It is a state be must the the smallest youBacteria – are tinythat from contagious. They can of from one person to arethat They are forms that cannot simple, Protozoa – skinmake diseases. forms another. disease, can cause diseasesaare are you know life. They simplestDoorganismsnormal if transmitted by ofthe contact, celled in which resultthat discomfort caused by germs that get in death? bacteria, may also fungi the prolonged, viruses, into animal-like food.disturbed. organisms functioning of own the fluids, in of in their common the most protozoa: waste is causes the bodyresult of infection through body Diseases may anywhere grow be body and and produce the cells great harm on the body cause typhoid or chickenpox, or It can such as food diseases. contaminated communicable or drink via productsindividual. physiology of the that are poisonous, theyairborne particles containing may be related to the resulting in infection. body such as hypertension and diabetes. microorganisms.
4. MCSHS Common Communicable Diseases MALARIA MONONUCLEOSIS AIDS HEPATITIS CHOLERA p COLDS INFLUENZA PNEUMONIA
5. MCSHS Common Communicable p Diseases AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Pneumonia Colds Mononucleosis Syndrome) Cholera -Hepatitis disease of lungs Malariacommon communicable disease caused -ismostthe “kissing disease” that can be a serious -or Influenza orthat involves the usually infect the -a deadlybacteria that interferes with a - caused byFlu disease which caused by protozoa through swelling of the -a disease common among bites -causedby either bacteria or viruses people by-aahundred different virusesyoung of disease the -aliver asnatural abilityby viruses person illness caused to whichinfection serious he drinks water fight contains body’s mosquitoesspread throughresults inwater, and --They are by a viruslungs are filled with the air sacs in the that air and a high caused - this- lowers thewaste ofresistance eats food feces or caused by a virus known to the human it is solid body’s people or as -through areofwhitediseasecellshepatitis: carrier - there contact main someone rather than symptomsoftwo with kindsinclude body number this blood of who fluid and dead whiteblood cells in theis a bacterial infectionwashed withor HIV. immune deficiency virus contaminated which had been chilling, highalreadyhepatitis direct contact, a - -hepatitis A and through B aircolds are fever and headachethe first day it is passed on contagious water is a very serious disease that leads to - it -symptom appears in breathing this causes difficulty such as kissing death but can be prevented
6. MCSHS How Communicable Air People Diseases are and Food Animals Water Spread by AIR PEOPLE through through contact with ANIMALS through contaminated WATER and -- persons who bites a direct insect cough FOOD - through contact withsuch or -sneeze spread germs those who is infectedas microorganisms such with asperson of mosquitoes and bacteriavirusprotozoa thrive in water and through the air the bites from infected animals
7. MCSHS Ways to Prevent Communicable Diseases 2. Wash your hands often, including 1.after using the safety rules changing 3. Follow food Consult your primaryand use bathroom, care 6.food thermometers following sure 5. Cover healthy by to all Remain ensure that make physician toopen sores and children a nutritiousbefore and after eating, diaper, 4.a Avoidmeatin andpersonal are up-to- sharing diet, other exercising red adults with a bandage wounds and sneezing or blowingfoods nose your family your are after items such immunizations. If not, and on to as proper the brushes, regularly antibacterial plenty of cooked and getting gel. date after playing withtemperature. toothbrushes and combs.apples Use rest. A healthyhands before pet. and and Wash Wash foods, the a immune system scheduleyour soap and appropriate such as Do potatoes, in handling the the to hot antibacterial preventingwarm appointments washothers hands and not drink before eating and avoid and afterout of will aid water, and to communicable receive the needed your cups or food dont eating a primaryin share spread If you at room temperature of wound. leaving shots. exposed areas have your arm of utensils.physician, contact your local diseases. order to prevent bacteria from care vigorously for at least 20 seconds. growing. health clinic.
8. MCSHS Noncommunicable Diseases Introduction Noncommunicable Diseases Noncommunicable diseases A non- or from the Heart attack,(HTN)hypertension, Hypertension results high blood like Cancer is a disease heart attack, communicable medical is Diabetessometimes arterial pressure, of blood supply to Asthma Here are somedisorder a Stroke is condition marked respiratory medical interruption is aa diabetes are stroke, cancer, chronic hypertension, by an the common caused by spasms in thethe isitahappenslungs, part a bronchi ofdiseases disease, orwhich They are anot ofof metabolism is a NCD, non-communicable causing emergency,heart,the blood transferable. of condition in divisionIt uncontrolledflow toIt is usually causing difficulty in by excessive when cellsbreathing. elevated. heartcantheto die. your arteries is the marked cause death, pressure bloodcondition caused by malfunctioning and medical of of death that allergic reaction or other in results from an cause urine a for leading orcells in and the abnormal brain stops. Within minutes, dischargeconditions of in abnormal This requires the heart to work dysfunction, theimpairment orboth than normalto die. is disease which forms ofcells begin women brain hypersensitivity part of body. harder men and to circulate persistentdiseases are These thirst body. quality of life the non-infectious. blood through the blood vessels. worldwide. considered lifestyle diseases.
9. MCSHS Non - Communicable Diseases HEART ATTACK HYPERTENSION STROKE CANCER ASTHMA DIABETES
10. Additional Information .Difference . . . .. Causes of Death Worldwide: Estimates for 1999 Noncommunicablethousands) have overtaken (in diseases Total Deaths communicable 55,965 diseases as major health Communicable 17,380 (31%) are Communicable Diseases diseases problems. As reported by the(59.8%) are of Noncommunicable infectious Thus the keys as diseases 33,484 Department Non-Communicable Diseases to protect oneself alsoand World Health Organization known Health (DOH) acquiring such chronic Injuries 5,101 (9.1%) Cardiovascular Diseases It can be are not diseases which contagious from diseases. leading16,970 (30.3%) death in (WHO), the three PREVENTIONof Cancersdiseases are causes 7,065 (12.6%) and contagious, thus, they are Respiratoryand can spread from oneand this era are cancer, heart disease Diseases HEALTHY HABITS. 3,575 (6.4%) considered as lifestyle(3.7%) have died Digestive Diseases circulatory diseases. to another. person Many911 (1.6%) Neuropsychiatric Disorders 2,409 diseases. people Genitourinary Diseases of these diseases due to the lifestyle they 900 (1.6%) SOURCE: Adapted from The World Health Report 2000: Health Systems: have chosen to live. improving performance. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2000.
11. MSCHS Made Possible By: Aiona Bridget Bulanon Bea Samantha Patrimonio Diane Mae Infante Anna Marie Obeso Jason Roy Tecson