1 idea – 2 prototypes
• Problem statement
– Senior year school* students looking for a way to
show their capabilities learnt at school and gain some
job experience for their curriculum while getting paid
for it because they need a way of income, and a way
of make a living.
– Create a virtual community (social network) for
sharing experiences from first year employees to
senior year university/college students.
* School = university/college.
• Done with the same people of the interview
on the first activity
• 2 persons were interviewed again, while the
prototype was shown to them.
• Both ppl on their first year of work
– 1 happy in his/her work
– 1 not happy at all
• All the points from the feedback grid are put
into the “Test prototype…” page
• the most important opinions were included.
• Opinions that appeared more than 1 time
were not included.
• A “social network” style community
– With spaces for
• Uploading topics on a forum
• Uploading pictures
• Create polls
– Where business can create their own profiles for
interact with people on their last year of “school”
– Where people on their first year of working can
share their experiences about
working, workplaces, business, how to prepare for
an interview, etc.
• And where people in need of a way for solving their
doubts about working (e.g. senior year students) can
sing up and interact with different stakeholders.
• Business can use the information gathered to
improve their workplace, or research about the kind
of people that will go to work in a couple of years.
Test prototype 1
• “how is this different to linkedin?”
• How will this get famous/popular?
• Which will be the main language used on the
website? (i live in a non english speaking
• Can the site be divided into different topics
(economics, health, math, engineering, langua
ge) according to the needs of the industry?
This can help the business to get involved to a
more specific public
Test prototype 1
• This should get more tools, the user should
never get tired of the site.
• You should develop this for cellphones.
• You should emphasise the fact that the main
objective of the site is to share the knowledge
(about school to work transition)for those
who need it
• A “forum like” website with different trends
for helping the people that needs a little help
for solving their different need about working
for the first time.
Test of prototype #2
• “forum sites” are so last century decade. Why
don’t you try a social network better.
• You can offer a premium membership that
allows you to get more noticed to the business
that are looking for people to hire.
• What would be a good name for the website?
• Both ideas were recieved in a good way by the
interviewed people. Prototypes still need a lot
of work to be done into them, but they can be
fixed and converted into a tool that could help
someone in the future. One of the main things
to take into account is to improve the
developement of empathy for the user’s
• If I continue working of the project, i will get a
bigger team to get more feedback from the
technical part of the developement. I also
would make a bigger prototype testing, to get
more feedback and improve the prototype